By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4Pro: GOW Performance Mode

This should please Pro owners!

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Probably an unlocked framerate if he didn't specify 60fps.

I'll probably stick with 4K if it is a steady 30 fps. Though, I'll definitely test performance out. BTW, do we know what 4K mode is rendering at? Is it native 4K? 4K CB? Or other?

VersusEvil said:
I'll be using the performance mode, always chose it over the rez mode.

Same.

Nice to see these different modes becoming more common. It's how it should be done.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

thismeintiel said:
I'll probably stick with 4K if it is a steady 30 fps. Though, I'll definitely test performance out. BTW, do we know what 4K mode is rendering at? Is it native 4K? 4K CB? Or other?

4K CB like Horizon.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
VersusEvil said:

While I bet here the case will be that performance mode is a nice help, in a game such as Infamous Second Son, performance mode doesn't really make it run better I feel: higher resolution makes it look a whole lot nicer, however, so give that a chance someday.

Normchacho said:
thismeintiel said:

4K CB like Horizon.

Thanks.  It's amazing what Sony's 1st party get get out of these systems.

Xen said:
VersusEvil said:

While I bet here the case will be that performance mode is a nice help, in a game such as Infamous Second Son, performance mode doesn't really make it run better I feel: higher resolution makes it look a whole lot nicer, however, so give that a chance someday.

Second Son got a PS4 Pro patch?

VGPolyglot said:
Xen said:

Sure did. So did First Light.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/infamous-second-sonfirst-light-ps4-pro-enhancement/1100-6445166/

Xen said:
VGPolyglot said:

Sure did. So did First Light.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/infamous-second-sonfirst-light-ps4-pro-enhancement/1100-6445166/

Hmm, maybe I will play through the game again if I ever get a Pro then.