By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4: GTSport - Patch 1.15 Released

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7TyXvDHgYI

We’re proud to reveal our March update for Gran Turismo Sport: Patch 1.15, available today. We’ve been paying close attention to your feedback, and have added an unmissable collection of new cars, events and a brand new VR Time Trial mode we hope you’ll love. You’ll be able to download and play from tonight, March 28th at 7:00pm Pacific.

As always, you can find the full patch notes at Gran-Turismo.com; and be sure to stay tuned to PlayStation.Blog for the first word on more upcoming GT content.

VR Time Trials

One of our most often received requests to date has been the expansion of GT Sport’s thrilling VR mode. So, with the latest patch, PlayStation VR owners will soon, for the first time, have the chance to hit the track in a series of challenging time trials. This means you’ll be able to utilize the full benefits of PS VR to perform your best lap time on the legendary Nurburgring and Suzuka race circuits.

New Vehicles

Rolling into Brand Central this month are 13 stunning new vehicles, from classic roadsters to modern supercar concepts. Take a look at the complete line-up:

• Honda Raybrig Concept-GT
  • Lexus Au Tom’s RC F
  • Nissan Motul Autech GT-R
  • Aston Martin DB11
  • BMW M3 Sport Evolution
  • Eckerts Rod & Custom Mach Forty
  • Ford GT40 Mark I
  • Gran Turismo Red Bull X2014 Standard
  • Gran Turismo Red Bull X2014 Junior
  • Lexus RC F GT3
  • Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC)
  • Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec (R33)
  • Nissan GT-R Nismo

New Track

Next, we’ve added the world famous (and GT fan-favorite) Tsukuba Circuit, featuring a unique combination of tight hairpins and wide, sweeping corners to really test drivers’ racing finesse.

GT League Events

Continuing to add to the GT League line-up, we’ve introduced three new events to test drivers of all skill levels, including:

• Nissan GT-R Cup – Beginner League
  • Redbull X-Junior Series – Amateur League
  • All Japan GT Car Championships – Professional League

Fanatec Wheel Support

For all the Fanatec wheel users out there, we are really pleased to announce that we are adding official support in the update and will continue to improve its functionality in future updates.

Finally, we’ve also added a stunning new Cherry Blossom theme to Scapes Mode to help you get into the spring spirit, and an all-new MINI Museum to explore the complete history of the British automotive giant.

Remember: you can find all the latest info on upcoming GT Sport content here at PlayStation.Blog or on the official Gran Turismo website. Until next time, drivers, we’ll see you out on the track.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/03/28/gran-turismo-sport-patch-1-15-out-today-adds-vr-time-trials/

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Technically it's not out yet. But fffuuuccckkk this is a good update.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Best update so far, by miles =). Hope we can earn cash and expereince in the VR Time Trials like we can in the standard Time Trials. That would basically complete the game for me. All I want to do is drive, earn cash, and buy new cars.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

I'm getting close to finally buying the game. How many cars are there now?

Well that's a bit of a conundrum. I just downloaded the Wipeout VR patch and I need to go to bed on time. Oh well there's always coffee in the morning.

The daily races are all full of my favorite circuits today as well. Dailies until maintenance, Wipeout VR during maintenance then GT Sport VR when the servers come back online. Busy evening ahead.

Around the Network
think-man said:
I'm getting close to finally buying the game. How many cars are there now?

I think this update brings it up to...212?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Do they still lock single-player progress to online connectivity?

BraLoD said:
What about GT7?

I honestly think GT7 will be a PS5 launch game (or at least come out within the PS5's first year).

VGPolyglot said:
Do they still lock single-player progress to online connectivity?

Progress yes. You need a psn account (can be free) to unlock more tracks and buy cars. You can play offline, yet your earned credits and xp will be gone when you turn off the game. Even if you always leave it on, brand central (to buy cars) is greyed out when not connected.

BraLoD said:
Aura7541 said:

I honestly think GT7 will be a PS5 launch game (or at least come out within the PS5's first year).

That would be sad.

I believe Gran Turismo 7 will never happen, because I think Gran Turismo Sport is a platform. I believe GTS will continue to get new cars and tracks, and Sony and Polyphony will find a way to monetize it without definitive new releases.

For Gran Turismo to be as successful as possible they need to keep the entire userbase connected, so that everyone has access to every event going on in Gran Turismo.

As time goes on GTS should have 100's of tracks, and locations, with 1,000's of layouts. It should continue to get new cars for the next decade pushing the roster into the 1,000's and surpassing GT6, but also having every car fully developed.

Gran Turismo Sport was marketed as the move from game, to legitimate racing league. GT7 can not add anything that GTS can't do, it is just a number instead of a word.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL