By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Final Fantasy XV party members' DLCs don't make much sense (Spoilers)

Tagged games:

RespectDecena said:

As for Ardyn trying to kill noctis in episode ignis it was obviously a ploy, Ardyn is known to be a scummy troll of man who likes to mess with people, so he only did that to be a dick and make everyone freak out. He wasn't going to actually kill Noctis since he needed him to become the true king. Plus if you look at the mural in near the throne room you see 4 dudes who seem to represent the bros, its obviously supposed to be a prophecy type thing, one of the 4 dudes in the mural is blind, so Ardyn was most likely just trying to force things to be just like the prophecy.

That's my point aswell, Ardyn loves to play games. He's just a prick really. In the outside it might look like what he does makes no sense, but when you look into things deeper you see why. 

Around the Network

think-man said: 

That's my point aswell, Ardyn loves to play games. He's just a prick really. In the outside it might look like what he does makes no sense, but when you look into things deeper you see why. 

(Super Spoilers Obviously) Exactly there's a lot of layers to Ardyn, we know he was supposed to be the first king, we know he healed people by absorbing the star scourge from them which caused his body to be impure and was not allowed to transcend by the gods and the crystal and than he was betrayed by his brother who started the Lucis Bloodline. So with the star scourge and the betrayal of those around him when all he wanted to do was save everyone it twisted his mind and personality, Ardyn knows he can't die unless the true King gets rid of the Star Scourge, we know Ardyn hates his bloodline for betraying and demonizing him, we know at one point Ardyn cared about the world enough to purposely absorb the star scourge into his body from people in order to heal them, so by the end of the game Ardyn basically gets everything he wanted, he ends the Lucis bloodline, he finally gets to die (he even mentions to Noctis how painful it has been for him to be alive for so long) and IF there was any shred of goodness left in Ardyn from when he was a King and a healer than he also managed to finally save the world from the star scourge by making sure no matter what that Noctis became the true King by forcing all the events in the game to happen. So hopefully when they release episode Ardyn we can see some of the scenes in the game from his perspective along with some flash back scenes from when he was a healer.

RespectDecena said:

think-man said: 

(Super Spoilers Obviously) Exactly there's a lot of layers to Ardyn, we know he was supposed to be the first king, we know he healed people by absorbing the star scourge from them which caused his body to be impure and was not allowed to transcend by the gods and the crystal and than he was betrayed by his brother who started the Lucis Bloodline. So with the star scourge and the betrayal of those around him when all he wanted to do was save everyone it twisted his mind and personality, Ardyn knows he can't die unless the true King gets rid of the Star Scourge, we know Ardyn hates his bloodline for betraying and demonizing him, we know at one point Ardyn cared about the world enough to purposely absorb the star scourge into his body from people in order to heal them, so by the end of the game Ardyn basically gets everything he wanted, he ends the Lucis bloodline, he finally gets to die (he even mentions to Noctis how painful it has been for him to be alive for so long) and IF there was any shred of goodness left in Ardyn from when he was a King and a healer than he also managed to finally save the world from the star scourge by making sure no matter what that Noctis became the true King by forcing all the events in the game to happen. So hopefully when they release episode Ardyn we can see some of the scenes in the game from his perspective along with some flash back scenes from when he was a healer.

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to what the Ardyn dlc will bring. There's still so much they can explore! so happy we are getting another 4 dlc's and hopefully some patches aswell.

think-man said:

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to what the Ardyn dlc will bring. There's still so much they can explore! so happy we are getting another 4 dlc's and hopefully some patches aswell.

Yeah man! Its always nice to see other people enjoyed the game and are looking forward to what else is coming since every where I go all I see is absolute unbridled negativity for this game (even seen people actually complain about how the credits looked in the game). Honestly im actually gonna be pretty sad when they finish the remaining DLC and updates, since its always a nice feeling for me to comeback to the game every month or so to see whats new.

RespectDecena said:
think-man said:

Yeah man! Its always nice to see other people enjoyed the game and are looking forward to what else is coming since every where I go all I see is absolute unbridled negativity for this game (even seen people actually complain about how the credits looked in the game). Honestly im actually gonna be pretty sad when they finish the remaining DLC and updates, since its always a nice feeling for me to comeback to the game every month or so to see whats new.

Yeah, I will admit I was a hater at first, but the more they've been patching and releasing new content, the more I've started to really enjoy it. I'm just holding out for a new trailer on the next dlc now :P

Around the Network

Wright , Its like you just play this game to justify your bitching. Ardyn destroy give a fuck about the empire. This should be clear as he single handedly brings it down. So why would destroying a empiree weapon be strange. Why would helping Prompto be strange when helps the party multiple times in the main game? Its like your not allowing yourself to absorb the game. I haven't even played FF15 since summer or the DLC yet and I can easily make sense out of this. The only thing Ardyn cares about is eliminating the Lucis bloodline and the Crystal and if helping the party or destroying property of the ones he aligned with helps to achieve that goal thats fine with him. Ardyn is like the Joker he loves tormenting/toying/fucking with people

Xxain said:

Nope.

Nyx is a soldier. He lives only to protect the King and its people.  Could he have offered something like an arm? Sure, but then that would leave him unable to serve, If he cannot do what he has lived is life for up till now, then what value is left in his life. To him that is his ultimate sacrifice .  Ignis sacrifices his sight, but with that his passion as well. He can't cook anymore.  In our own world there are people who lose the ability to do what they love and they go into a deep depression and even suicide. You are trying to scale sacrifice and it's no good. 

think-man said:

He's morphed into her, Ardyn likes to play games. Just watch some YouTube videos on it. There's tons of evidence to support. The final scene alone nails it. Why would Arenaea just stay there and let Prompto drive off? Then seconds later Ardyn is just standing where Arenaea was lol. Not only that but Arenaea lies to Prompto, why would she lie to him? Arenaea and Ardyn are conveniently never in the same scene ever during the episode. She wears her clothes exactly like him, look at her scarf for example. Ardyn taking down the factory means little to him, if you play chapter 13-2 you will see he has little care for the Empire really, and it's all just a game of vengeance for him. He wants to get in your head. There's other stuff that I've missed but it's been a while since i played that part. 

RespectDecena said:

Yeah, I guess I should have paid more attention to the cues given within the DLCs themselves.

BasilZero said:

They arent suppose to make sense.

Just additional tidbits to entice the fanbase to go along with their Service of games model.

I'm not planning to buy the Season pass or DLC on PS4 but will be getting the game again on PC in the distant future.

They do make sense though. If they're aren't making sense to you then you've missed some of the details, but I also wouldn't be saying they didn't make sense without even playing them Women xD

Ardyn was not Aranea in Prompto's DLC wtf lol. That's nonsense.