Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rampage Game

CaptainExplosion said:
COKTOE said:

So, are you saying the Angry Birds movie is the reason, or part of the reason, the game franchise faltered after it's glory days?

I thought the game franchise had a resurgence after the movie.

Ha. Ok then. I l legit had no what happened with it. Just that it was extremely popular and pretty much everywhere for a while, then, not so much.

Chinese food for breakfast

Around the Network

You do know that Midway became NetherRealm studios after the buyout by WB? WB also owns their IP's.

Rampage World Tour was awesome. Me and my middle brother used to rent it over and over again.

Last edited by Xxain - on 26 March 2018

COKTOE said:
CaptainExplosion said:

I thought the game franchise had a resurgence after the movie.

Ha. Ok then. I l legit had no what happened with it. Just that it was extremely popular and pretty much everywhere for a while, then, not so much.

If anything, the shady micro-transactions in Angry Birds 2 are what really hurt the series, and possibly because of over saturation of Angry Birds games.

Xxain said:
You do know that Midway became NetherRealm studios after the buyout by WB? WB also owns there IP's.

Rampage World Tour was awesome. Me and my middle brother used to rent it over and over again.

Does that mean WB owns Gauntlet and Paperboy?

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

roadkillers said:
Xxain said:
You do know that Midway became NetherRealm studios after the buyout by WB? WB also owns there IP's.

Does that mean WB owns Gauntlet and Paperboy?

Anything that Midway owned was up for purchase during the buyout. Wether WB decided take all or some is a mystery.

Around the Network

I remember the original Neo Geo game...
It was cool is so far as you could play as 3 player and the destruction of the buildings was impressive...
But the game was one dimensional and certainly not worth a sequel and a movie IMO

tripenfall said:
It was cool is so far as you could play as 3 player and the destruction of the buildings was impressive...
But the game was one dimensional and certainly not worth a sequel and a movie IMO

I don't remember Rampage being for Neo Geo.

CaptainExplosion said:
tripenfall said:

I don't either.  I do remember it being on virtually every other console though.  I first played it on the NES myself.

CaptainExplosion said:
tripenfall said:

Oh shit my bad I played it on the Commodore 64....

I was thinking of King of the Monsters....

Apologies....

tripenfall said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Oh shit my bad I played it on the Commodore 64....

I was thinking of King of the Monsters....

Apologies....

The two games are very similar in concept, but King of the Monsters focused more on fighting than destroying cities.

The rumored Rampage game should play like Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, which would work especially well since the monsters in the movie seem to be more agile than the original game.