By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - LEVEL5 will announce new title this year

Harada:

“Don’t you want to make your own MMORPG?”

Hino:

“I do. I always think, ‘If I get a chance I want to make one.’ However, I still feel the pain of having to cancel True Fantasy Live Online (Xbox).”

Harada:

“Ah, for you that was enough, huh.”

Hino:

“To make an MMORPG, you need a well-oiled company as well as the knowledge and skill to create online games. It’s not enough to just sort of want to make an MMORPG. Back then we weren’t able to adhere to the schedule because we prioritized our mood. Then there were certain things with regards to the platform that ultimately forced us to have to cancel the project.”

Harada:

“Even after such an experience, you still felt you wanted to make one, then. I don’t know whether or not you still have such a
plan, but if you had the investment what kind of theme would you choose? Based on your past work, it seems like it would be a medieval kingdom theme.”

Hino:

“We do have an idea. I’m not sure if we can call it an MMORPG or not, but were plan to make a big title on the same scale as one. Also, since were going into our 20th year, we want to make something we like. If we able to get support from talented people able to do things we can’t, then I think we’ll be able to make it. By the way, the game we’re preparing won’t be fantasy but rather ‘modern day.'”

Harada:

“Oh, is it OK for you to be saying that here?”

Hino:

“It was said somewhere that we’ll make a game for our 20th anniversary, so I think it’s OK. Although we say it’s a game for the 20th anniversary, it won’t come out this year. Rather, we wanted to make the announcement in the year of the anniversary. For example, Ni no Kuni was a 10th anniversary celebration title, but it wasn’t actually released until two years later.”

Read more at https://gematsu.com/2018/03/level-5-ceo-teases-mmorpg-scale-20th-anniversary-title#4bi8eUeXZ8XobPwP.99

announcement at e3? and don't know, but like HINO is talking it seems they make it together with a other company

Last edited by ZODIARKrebirth - on 24 March 2018

Around the Network

Please no MMO! Thank you

If it's an MMO, I guess that locks me out of being able to play it.

ZODIARKrebirth said:

"..If we able to get support from talented people able to do things we can’t, then I think we’ll be able to make it. "

Does that mean Sony or MS? Is this then going to be a platform exclusive?

Would Level-5 make a MMO like game for Nintendo? Do Nintendo have any experiance with MMOs?

Ka-pi96 said:
Level 5 are Yokai Watch, right? I'd love to see that ported over to PS4. Maybe even a remake of it if it's a new title!

Please don't make an MMO though. They're usually shit, and even the good ones are HUGE time sinks.

Really doubt that, nintendo is well known to pour cash all over franchises to make them exclusive on 3ds. 

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Please don't make an MMO though. They're usually shit, and even the good ones are HUGE time sinks.

Errorist76 said:
Please no MMO! Thank you

VGPolyglot said:
If it's an MMO, I guess that locks me out of being able to play it.

I kinda agree....  Their not really known for MMOs but rather these fun story driven RPGs and Puzzle/Adventures.
Its a risk for them to do a MMO.

That said could you imagine a MMO in the vaine of Ni No Kuni? with those beautifull graphics... would be kinda awesome.

So many MMO haters. :p

He did say it wasn't an mmo, but as big as one. A game like Xenoblade is what he means. Open world with lots of systems.

With that said, the modern day setting isn't very interesting to me. It's been done quite alot already.

ZODIARKrebirth said:

Hino:

“I do. I always think, ‘If I get a chance I want to make one.’ However, I still feel the pain of having to cancel True Fantasy Live Online (Xbox).”

I Wiki'ed it:

"True Fantasy Live Online is an MMORPG which was in development by Level-5 for the Microsoft Xbox. After a long and troubled development cycle that lasted almost two years, the game was cancelled on June 2, 2004. Available development and promotional information depict a massive fantasy setting in which up to 3,000 users—each with their own fully customizable character—can set out on adventures with one another, fighting monsters and collecting various items.

Despite being "fully playable" and near completion according to Microsoft around the time of its cancellation, the title's development was littered with complications from the very beginning. One such problem was Level-5's inexperience with online network coding and their inability to properly implement voice chat compatibility into the game, a feature never before implemented on such a large scale in an MMORPG. However, Microsoft was very adamant on its inclusion, as it was a key feature to their Xbox Live service."

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHA.....

They couldnt figour out a smart way of getting 3000+ people in the same area to be able to voice chat with one another.
MS demanded this, and it led to them canceling the game.

Who ever heard of a MMORPG (esp those days) with voice chat? thats crazy weird.

Also why does MS always interfer with developers that make games for them? and in these weird ways and then end up canceling games (even if "fully playable"?)

JRPGfan said:
ZODIARKrebirth said:

"..If we able to get support from talented people able to do things we can’t, then I think we’ll be able to make it. "

Does that mean Sony or MS? Is this then going to be a platform exclusive?

Would Level-5 make a MMO like game for Nintendo? Do Nintendo have any experiance with MMOs?

i was thinking japan studio, wouldn't be the first time

Honestly, by the way they talk about it, this could very well be the title Monolith Soft teased on their website