By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Scary day with my diabetes type 2 Today

dx11332sega said:
When I eat a cheeseburger its the tiny cheeseburger jumbo jack jr with lettuce and at dinner its mcdonalds 1 dollar cheeseburger or 2 mini tacos I definately dont eat huge burgers like a whopper maybe that's why my doctor says my cholesterol is low I eat somethines 2 tiny meat patties or 1 meat patty and 2 chicken tacos

Your diet is horrible. It’s bad for anyone, but especially as a diabetic, and you will never achieve truly good control (or health in general) no matter how many meds they put you on until you make a massive dietary change. I treat diabetes every day. I’m telling you, you have to see your doc, discuss your diabetes and diet, and have him refer you to a dietitian. If not that, you need to do a lot of reading on your own to become better informed. 23 is really young to become diabetic, so if you want to live a full life, you’re gonna need to get your diabetes under great control for now on. You need to commit to regular exercise as well. 

Around the Network
pitzy272 said:
dx11332sega said:
When I eat a cheeseburger its the tiny cheeseburger jumbo jack jr with lettuce and at dinner its mcdonalds 1 dollar cheeseburger or 2 mini tacos I definately dont eat huge burgers like a whopper maybe that's why my doctor says my cholesterol is low I eat somethines 2 tiny meat patties or 1 meat patty and 2 chicken tacos

Your diet is horrible. It’s bad for anyone, but especially as a diabetic, and you will never achieve truly good control (or health in general) no matter how many meds they put you on until you make a massive dietary change. I treat diabetes every day. I’m telling you, you have to see your doc, discuss your diabetes and diet, and have him refer you to a dietitian. If not that, you need to do a lot of reading on your own to become better informed. 23 is really young to become diabetic, so if you want to live a full life, you’re gonna need to get your diabetes under great control for now on. You need to commit to regular exercise as well. 

Right? like I think type 2 is what they call "old mans diabeties" because its usually something that happends when your like 60-70.

JRPGfan said:
pitzy272 said:

Right? like I think type 2 is what they call "old mans diabeties" because its usually something that happends when your like 60-70.

Type 2 was called "Adult Onset Diabetes", the name was changed because minors began to develop it recently.

I developed Type 1 Diabetes or "Childhood Diabetes" at age 9.

Your diet is very important and the consequences when you have health conditions is paramount. I'm not trying to shame anyone as felt the judgment of being a diabetic for decades now.  My standard meals are broccoli, sweet potatoes, grilled chicken or fish, a chopped salad.  On the nights I let my hair down and drink I have to be very careful as even with all my prep I can have issues.  I nearly died young of ketoacidosis when my body couldn't produce insulin because I was careless in my youth.

dx11332sega said:
My sugar right now is 133

Thats abit over where it should be, but perfectly fine (your not really damageing your body at 133).

You should "strive" to keep it down under 90, in the periodes between meals (like a hour after eating something).

Nymeria said:
JRPGfan said:

Type 2 was called "Adult Onset Diabetes", the name was changed because minors began to develop it recently.

I developed Type 1 Diabetes or "Childhood Diabetes" at age 9.

Your diet is very important and the consequences when you have health conditions is paramount. I'm not trying to shame anyone as felt the judgment of being a diabetic for decades now.  My standard meals are broccoli, sweet potatoes, grilled chicken or fish, a chopped salad.  On the nights I let my hair down and drink I have to be very careful as even with all my prep I can have issues.  I nearly died young of ketoacidosis when my body couldn't produce insulin because I was careless in my youth.

Yeah our bodies are miracles in and of themselves, so many check & balances that work together.
Pushing something out of balance, is possible at times, and sometimes that does damage that cant be repaired/restored.

My dad got type 1, and I doubt he ever really did anything (with food intake) that was harmfull to him (he wasnt overweight or anything).
Its like cancer, sometimes it just doesnt make any sense.

That dude that smoked all his life? never got cancer... that health freak that runs a marathon every month did... and your like huh?

Getting diabetes at 23 sucks.... getting it at age 9... wow I cant even imagine.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 23 March 2018

JRPGfan said:
pitzy272 said:

Well, he lives in the US where we have a diet that is detrimentally over-focused on carbs; carbs are not only readily available, but often times the cheapest option for a meal or to accompany one; we’re less active than most other countries due to most people owning their own cars; and foods are loaded with high fructose corn syrup. 

He’s still way below the average age at onset for type 2 diabetes, but it’s likely bc of how awful his diet it. He admitted he drinks soda a lot  That alone (along with turkey hill iced tea), if done in excess, will just destroy the body and hurl you towards diabetes. The patients I’ve seen coming in with BSs in the 500s in spite of no prior history of diabetes ALWAYS admit to an excess of soda (one guy 12 12-oz Pepsi’s a day) or turkey hill iced tea (usually around a gallon a day). Dxsega is eating bad otherwise, too, though. He eats a cheeseburger for breakfast! And fast food for dinner as well. And who knows what else in between. 

Around the Network
dx11332sega said:
pitzy272 said:

Well, he lives in the US where we have a diet that is detrimentally over-focused on carbs; carbs are not only readily available, but often times the cheapest option for a meal or to accompany one; we’re less active than most other countries due to most people owning their own cars; and foods are loaded with high fructose corn syrup. 

He’s still way below the average age at onset for type 2 diabetes, but it’s likely bc of how awful his diet it. He admitted he drinks soda a lot  That alone (along with turkey hill iced tea), if done in excess, will just destroy the body and hurl you towards diabetes. The patients I’ve seen coming in with BSs in the 500s in spite of no prior history of diabetes ALWAYS admit to an excess of soda (one guy 12 12-oz Pepsi’s a day) or turkey hill iced tea (usually around a gallon a day). Dxsega is eating bad otherwise, too, though. He eats a cheeseburger for breakfast! And fast food for dinner as well. And who knows what else in between. 

I dont eat lunch only a few times lunch at all I eat like a banana I sleep most times at 2:00 pm to 6:00pm and still not eat until its 9:00pm I eat mostly nothing inbetween and not eat from 10:00:pm to 11:00a.m . its 2 huge gaps of starvation I actually not starved at all thats 7 hours at daytime and 12 hours at night time without eating I only eat twice and those 2 times are small cheeseburgers most of the time ^_^ 

Well if you eat fast food for your 2 other meals I'm not surprised if you can skip a meal with that shit in your system for hours. 

Skipping a meal doesn't matter if you eat bad for the rest of the day. Snacking is something that can make you can more weight than just having 3 meals if you don't eat too much in between.