By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Scary day with my diabetes type 2 Today

my friend that was a dangerous situation. im glad you made it out alive!!

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Do you have health insurance? Maybe you should speak with your doctor so that you can get off pop and other unhealthy drinks/foods in a safe way.

dx11332sega said:
VGPolyglot said:
Do you have health insurance? Maybe you should speak with your doctor so that you can get off pop and other unhealthy drinks/foods in a safe way.

I could try eating fruit that have sugar do strawberries have sugar?

Yes.

dx11332sega said:

I could try eating fruit that have sugar do strawberries have sugar?

Yes and fresh strawberries are healthy. Same for blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and cranberries. Frozen berries that are defrozen quickly also retain most beneficial things pretty well.

dx11332sega said:

Just ate a banana and a small apple they tasted good i wonder if the apple has sugar probably little I'm ok now :3

Good and good that you are okay now. But yeah try get advise from a doctor on how you should eat to be safe and cope with diabetes.

Around the Network

Yes, fruits do have lots of [good/natural] sugar. At least Type II is curable by having a nice diet and being a little active. I don't think you want to get to the point where you have to chop off members from blood crystallization which causes your veins stop working in regions far from your heart like your feet. I'm sorry but it is dangerous and i don't want to let people die or loose parts of their body from something that can easily change.

dx11332sega said:

Just ate a banana and a small apple they tasted good i wonder if the apple has sugar probably little I'm ok now :3

pretty much all fruit has tons of sugar. i highly recommend eating all kinds of fruits and figuring out which ones you like the most. it’d be fun and a healthier way for you to maintain your blood sugar.

dx11332sega said:

Something scary happen I woke up but saw light blindling dots in my vision but could still see my view my blood sugar was at the lowest ever today at 53 Im happy I checked my sugar i have diabetes type 2 . Strange that it was very low .

My body is accustomed to soda . I blame myself today for not taking enough sugar and my mom giving me my sugar pill that drops sugar alot ate another delicious slice of wheat bread with honey the normal sugar for person without diabetes is 110 my sugar if I eat way too much sugar can go to 160 both high and low blood sugar are bad

You live with your mom?

dx11332sega said:

Something scary happen I woke up but saw light blindling dots in my vision but could still see my view my blood sugar was at the lowest ever today at 53 Im happy I checked my sugar i have diabetes type 2 . Strange that it was very low .

You should make a habit of always haveing a box of juice around.

Sugar from say coca cola isnt as "fast" working as a box of apple juice would be, and if your ever in such situation where your life could depend on it riseing really fast, haveing stuff around that works is probably a good idea.  or like glucose cubes.

Huh if you have diabetes type 2 you should be avoiding softdrinks etc