By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 11): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - March 12-18, 2018

Very happy to see Devil May Cry HD Collection shunned. I hope that publishers understand that shameless cash grabs will keep getting the community's middle finger.

Around the Network
Marth said:
Lol Attack on Titan 2 pretty much bombed on every platform.

I've noticed that the games that end up doing poorly (in Japan), are the ones that are being ported to the Xbox. Doesn't bode well for Code Vein.

JSG87 said: 

Pretty nice legs. And body... Ahem.

Attack On Titan Two doing okay. If it didn't do too hot here it's barely gonna move consoles anywhere else although I did buy it. Fantastic game BTW!

55K for Switch seems fine imo. After hearing a few people basically saying that these who think Switch will get some sort of boost of kirby are in dreamland. Lol.

Great week all round though.

It's as if you live in an alternate reality.

Japan loves Kirby, we been knew. Great Switch sales.
On the other hand, PS4 sales are dropping into oblivion, not even Monster Hunter can save traditional home consoles in Japan.

zorg1000 said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Nice start for Kirby! I don't think I'll get the game personally but it's always nice to see a game succeed.

Does anyone know the current YTD totals for all platforms?

Edit: Future card buddy fight was born! Our strongest buddy! - Gotta love that title.

YTD (Last YTD)

PS4-670k (452k)

NSW-590k (441k)

3DS-160k (360k)

Vita-58k (133k)

XBO-5.3k (1.7k)

PS4     +48.23%

NSW   +33.79%

3DS     -55.56%

Vita     -56.39%

XBO    +211.76%

So, there.

Around the Network

I don't get it. Why would people buy books and not the game?

Mar1217 said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:
Nice first week for Kirby, so we're looking at maybe 350k WW first week??

Way more. If the game is beating some of it's old record in Europe and NA. It could do that in 2 weeks easily. Xenoblade 2 shipped 1M in 1 month. 

Kirby looked to be doing better than XC2, this means that it wouldn't be too far fetched to think that it would get 200k-250k in NA and 200K in Europe during it's first week. This means a 600K FW for the game, without digital include

Slownenberg said:
Mar1217 said:

Way more. If the game is beating some of it's old record in Europe and NA. It could do that in 2 weeks easily. Xenoblade 2 shipped 1M in 1 month. 

Kirby looked to be doing better than XC2, this means that it wouldn't be too far fetched to think that it would get 200k-250k in NA and 200K in Europe during it's first week. This means a 600K FW for the game, without digital include

Yeah based on Japan numbers I'd expect 600k FW for kirby worldwide.

Awesome then! I just assumed Japan was Kirby's strongest region by far. 600k FW is stupendous, all of Nintendo's major franchises are doing so well on Switch. Cant wait to see what Pokemon, 2D Mario, and Smash do

Looks like a great launch for Kirby

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

zorg1000 said:
Qwark said:

Well it's still massively up yoy. PS4 only sells well a few weeks before and after a big release. The next big weeks will probably happen around KH3 release.

Yep its up by a lot YOY but look at how its changed in the last 4 weeks.

It was up 86% YOY as of week 7.

Its now up 48% YOY as of week 11.

Like you said, there doesnt seem to be any huge games to move hardware in the coming months so if 2018 continues to lag behind on a weekly basis in the Spring/Summer than that YOY increase could evaporate.

Well, to be fair, last year was it's biggest up until now (I think it has been up yoy each year, not that great considering sales haven't been good but it's something)

It's yet to be seen if this drop is because of shortages or demand level is just in the 20k's  

pastro243 said:
zorg1000 said:

Yep its up by a lot YOY but look at how its changed in the last 4 weeks.

It was up 86% YOY as of week 7.

Its now up 48% YOY as of week 11.

Like you said, there doesnt seem to be any huge games to move hardware in the coming months so if 2018 continues to lag behind on a weekly basis in the Spring/Summer than that YOY increase could evaporate.

Well, to be fair, last year was it's biggest up until now (I think it has been up yoy each year, not that great considering sales haven't been good but it's something)

It's yet to be seen if this drop is because of shortages or demand level is just in the 20k's  

2016 & 2017 were virtually tied, 2016 was ahead by 8k.

It still has minor shortages but i cant imagine them being to such a extent that the weekly baseline would be massively different.

I personally think PS4 will do about 2 million this year in Japan, Monster Hunter gave it a great Q1 but i cant imagine Q2-Q4 being significantly different than 2016 or 2017.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.