By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - In progress NPD predicting tool

Kerotan said:
Miyamotoo said:

Tool was solid accurate before, and Switch making so huge difference compared to Switch looked like sure victory for month based on previous accuracy of tool, so you can't really blame people.

On other hand you start trashing tool on another forum saying "They are a waste of time lately trying to predict NPD and I'm not sure why they're taken seriously" and calling its "extremely biased towards Nintendo". But that really just tells more about you than anything else.

We're on vgchartz last time I checked. For all we know that poster on another forum is imitating me. So don't get your jimmies rustled over a post made on another forum. 

So you're staying switch October win looked certain? Jesus christ I'd have put my house on an easy ps4 win. Bo4 + rdr2 + spiderman effect it was never going to lose. Especially when the ps4 is already the most popular console this year.

You see this is the negative thing about the tool I was talking about. People get too attached to it after it had a good run Predicting easier months but then comes the first one where reality is screaming at a ps4 win but people can't see it because the tool says otherwise. This is why i didn't bother debating who would win and just sat back and waited for the results. 

Yes we are on Vgchartz, and with point that you are long time member here and daily active member here, its totaly bad trashing tool from this cite, on other cite. Yeah, people just dying to imitating you. :D

You have some problem with reading? It did based on tool, again, tool was solid accurate before, and Switch making so huge difference compared to Switch looked like sure victory for month based on previous accuracy of tool, so you can't really blame people.

Its one thing when you say something negative about tool here, is totally different thing when you trashing tool on other cite.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
Kerotan said:

We're on vgchartz last time I checked. For all we know that poster on another forum is imitating me. So don't get your jimmies rustled over a post made on another forum. 

So you're staying switch October win looked certain? Jesus christ I'd have put my house on an easy ps4 win. Bo4 + rdr2 + spiderman effect it was never going to lose. Especially when the ps4 is already the most popular console this year.

You see this is the negative thing about the tool I was talking about. People get too attached to it after it had a good run Predicting easier months but then comes the first one where reality is screaming at a ps4 win but people can't see it because the tool says otherwise. This is why i didn't bother debating who would win and just sat back and waited for the results. 

Yes we are on Vgchartz, and with point that you are long time member here and daily active member here, its totaly bad trashing tool from this cite, on other cite. Yeah, people just dying to imitating you. :D

You have some problem with reading? It did based on tool, again, tool was solid accurate before, and Switch making so huge difference compared to Switch looked like sure victory for month based on previous accuracy of tool, so you can't really blame people.

Its one thing when you say something negative about tool here, is totally different thing when you trashing tool on other cite.

Calm down buddy. You don't know if that's me on this other forum you mention. And i don't know why you are so ruffled. I've been chatting with the guy who works the tool and we're cool. So don't be outraged on his behalf xD

I've no problem reading, especially when it comes to reading the market. And it looks like I did a better job reading it in October then the tool. 

Mar1217 said:
Kerotan said:

Calm down buddy. You don't know if that's me on this other forum you mention. And i don't know why you are so ruffled. I've been chatting with the guy who works the tool and we're cool. So don't be outraged on his behalf xD

I've no problem reading, especially when it comes to reading the market. And it looks like I did a better job reading it in October then the tool. 

I mean, beyond the point that people won't fall for that. 

I think it's time to bury the hatchet.

We learned the tool has it's imperfections during big hardware sales movement. We should all be thinking about how to improve the tool so that we can strive for better predictions next time,period.

Oh yeah fully agreed. Not sure why Mr miyamotoo keeps bringing it up but it serves absolutely no purpose here. I wished the creator all the best with this tool and personally will give it a chance come January when the normal months resume and it should be accurate again. 

Kerotan said:
Miyamotoo said:

I am calm, but dont pretend what you done is OK, and even less pretend that isnt you.

You saying you dont have problem with reading, and yet you have hard time understanding why some people expected that Switch will win October. You always think that PS4 will win, so nothing strange about that.

Kerotan said:
Miyamotoo said:

We are cool as you mentionned, it really is not a big deal to me. We should move one and try to find a way to improve this tool to make it more accurate during holydays. 

But what I understood from our conversation is that you said what you said out of frustration and now you pretend it wasn't you on the other forum ? It's one or the other lol.

It doesn't matter anyway :

- Yes, this tool will not always be accurate so people should not take its predictions as 100% right.

- Congrats on beating the tool this month at predicting NPD. 

I hope I will find some time soon to look into October results to see what kind of formula twist would have made the tool more accurate. One thing is sure, the formula for holydays month will not be the same that the one we have used so far...(which is fine)

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
Kerotan said:

I am calm, but dont pretend what you done is OK, and even less pretend that isnt you.

You saying you dont have problem with reading, and yet you have hard time understanding why some people expected that Switch will win October. You always think that PS4 will win, so nothing strange about that.

Well you don't sound calm. And ps4 nearly always does win so you can forgive me for thinking that. Seriously though October win was beyond obvious to me and I just couldn't understand how so many of you had your judgement clouded by this tool. I agree it's good for the calmer months but it's work in progress and the October results proved that. 

Symbios63 said:
Kerotan said:

But what I understood from our conversation is that you said what you said out of frustration and now you pretend it wasn't you on the other forum ? It's one or the other lol.

PortisheadBiscuit said:
Symbios63 said:

Not really. There's no hard proof it's me. This is what I said to him privately. 

"Just want to say I don't hate your tracker and appreciate the effort you go through. I've been frustrated lately seeing people act like Amazon rankings mean anything lately. Especially months where PS4 was so obviously going to win. Likewise with your tracker for October. I'd literally have bet my house on a PS4 easy win but because a group were getting attached to the tracker they couldn't see sense and thought Switch would win October. 

It is what it is but I do appreciate your work and most months your tool probably is a decent indicator to help predict who wins. Keep it up."

Kerotan said:
Miyamotoo said:

Well you don't sound calm. And ps4 nearly always does win so you can forgive me for thinking that. Seriously though October win was beyond obvious to me and I just couldn't understand how so many of you had your judgement clouded by this tool. I agree it's good for the calmer months but it's work in progress and the October results proved that. 

I am calm, but pretending what you done is OK, and even less pretend that isnt you is bad. If you look at this thread before October tool started bringing resuts, you will see that like everyone thought PS4 is easily taking October (including me, from start I was saying that September and October are hard lock for PS4 win), but tool make so huge difference in favour of Switch compared to PS4, and with fact that tool was quite accurately previous months, people start thinking that Switch will actualy take month based on that. I can bet that even you had doubts about results for October because of this tool and that is a reason why you didnt want to talk how PS4 will October here, even if you will not admit that (I mean you dont want even to admit that you wrote that post on Resetera).

Miyamotoo said:
Kerotan said:

I am calm, but pretending what you done is OK, and even less pretend that isnt you is bad. If you look at this thread before October tool started bringing resuts, you will see that like everyone thought PS4 is easily taking October (including me, from start I was saying that September and October are hard lock for PS4 win), but tool make so huge difference in favour of Switch compared to PS4, and with fact that tool was quite accurately previous months, people start thinking that Switch will actualy take month based on that. I can bet that even you had doubts about results for October because of this tool and that is a reason why you didnt want to talk how PS4 will October here, even if you will not admit that (I mean you dont want even to admit that you wrote that post on Resetera).

You're like a broken record going on about resetera. I feel like I'm in class as a kid getting in trouble with my teacher. Let it go. 

And I had Zer0 doubts about October. Zer0. Maybe because I wasn't being influenced by the tool like you were. As you said you thought October was a lock. That means you were sure. Obviously you weren't as sure as me if you changed your mind. You severely over estimated the switches ability to sell in October. I didn't.