By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Won February NPD (PS4: 363K, XBO: 310K, NSW: 279K)

From a guy who leaked november npd 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=233440&page=1#

Just a quick note on US console sales in February

Game hardware (including SNES Classic) sales volume in the US was up 38% YoY in February 2018 (up 38% in Apr–Feb FY3/18) and software sales volume was up 5% (flat in Apr–Feb).

The relative sales volumes of game hardware (incl. SNES Classics) was:

PS4: 1.3
XBox One: 1.11
Switch: 1
Others: 0.49
3DS: 0.37

On the software side:

By SKU, the top-selling title was Monster Hunter: World for PS4, followed by Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo), and Super Mario Odyssey (Nintendo).

I think digitals are not included in these numbers.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/5741330/

Around the Network

April is in the bag as well.

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

PS4 can't help itself, 5 years and still outselling everything else!

Considering that Monster Hunter was a surprise hit and that it only had around 7 days to sell in January, that is not surprising. I am disappointed to see Mario Kart 8 Deluxe selling so well, though.

Looks like amazon was wrong, and switch is losing momentum like i predicted.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Considering that Monster Hunter was a surprise hit and that it only had around 7 days to sell in January, that is not surprising. I am disappointed to see Mario Kart 8 Deluxe selling so well, though.

Why?

Because I don't want lazy stop-gap ports to succeed. 

Great ps4 won. Also, wtf! Predict Switch wins based on amazon is becoming some big bull#@$¥, anyway, good to see that all 3 consoles are close in numbers.

Manlytears said:
Great ps4 won. Also, wtf! Predict Switch wins based on amazon is becoming some big bull#@$¥, anyway, good to see that all 3 consoles are close in numbers.

I have been telling people this, switch dominated amazon in February, but it comes in 3rd place. amazon is basically nintedo domination, i even stopped posting in that thread, it's a waste of time. 

quickrick said:
Manlytears said:

I have been telling people this, switch dominated amazon in February, but it comes in 3rd place. amazon is basically nintedo domination, i even stopped posting in that thread, it's a waste of time. 

The Amazon thread is quite pointless. It’s always showing Nintendo destroying everything and, when actual results come out, it turns out that no. Bayonetta was the 2nd best selling game on Amazon in February as well.

Ka-pi96 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Because I don't want lazy stop-gap ports to succeed. 

But it's a fantastic game and deserves success. It was wasted on the Wii U.

#8millioncopiesisawaste