By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Are there any other AFL fans here?

Dark_Lord_2008 said:
What an awesome AFL Grand Final, epic goal to win it at the end! I am glad the West Coast Eagles won it.

Agreed. Eagles deserved to win, both teams did really.

I'm an Essendon supporter. We got shiel! For about 2 million less than what others were offering too!

Around the Network

It's the first time I heard that.

WestCoast fan. Pretty good grand final tbh.

I'm a Crows person myself, but my dad's an Eagles man and watching the Grand Final with him was great. So frustrating all day, the Eagles were clearly playing better, but just couldn't score, then they brought it back in the dying minutes. Best GF since 05/06 imo.

Richmond best team all year choked in the prelim. Dusty played injured didnt help. Im expecting them to win it next year now that they got tom lynch without losing any of their best 22. Reece conca was never their best 22.

Around the Network

West Coast will be unbeatable with their best two players Nic Natanui and Andrew Gaff coming back next year to strengthen their team. They won teh flag without their best two players in the final matches of the year. Magpies knocked out the best team, Tigers in the Preliminary Final. The Magpies choked another Grand Final and were beaten by Eagles in an epic fight back. The Collingwood Magpies are known as Colliwobbles because they are well known for choking in Grand Finals.

Natanui will probably miss most of next year again. But keeping Gaff was a huge win. In my mind it’s between west coast, Melbourne and Richmond in 2019.

Cucumberry said:
Natanui will probably miss most of next year again. But keeping Gaff was a huge win. In my mind it’s between west coast, Melbourne and Richmond in 2019.

Melbourne are a team to watch out for. They're style of play suits finals... When they kick a goal. I felt pretty bad for them going out the way they did.

ironmanDX said:
Cucumberry said:

Melbourne are a team to watch out for. They're style of play suits finals... When they kick a goal. I felt pretty bad for them going out the way they did.

They came out of nowhere this year. I think it was the first time they made the finals for 12 years.

HomokHarcos said:
ironmanDX said:

They came out of nowhere this year. I think it was the first time they made the finals for 12 years.

Na, they've been building for quite a few years now. Groundwork was layed by Paul Roos. Goodwin left Essendon and took over after an "apprenticeship" type role.