By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Are there any other AFL fans here?

I was considering doing an AFL thread last year, but I didn't think there would be many fans on this site. With the AFL season starting next week, I want to know if there's any interest.

I'm actually of a casual fan myself, but having only one game every week makes it very easy to follow.

Last edited by HomokHarcos - on 18 March 2018

Around the Network

I think you were right, I'd be surprised if there is any interest tbh (I'm an NRL man myself, sorry)

nil8r153 said:
I think you were right, I'd be surprised if there is any interest tbh (I'm an NRL man myself, sorry)

I know more about the AFL than the NRL. What NRL team do you support?

I am. I follow the tiges since 2001. I think they will be the team to beat this year. They are a young team and they have the best depth in the league. They also have 14 games at the mcg compare to 11 last year. Sydney will make the top 4 and crows will be up there again

Of course there are! I've been a Crows man all my life. The GF last year was disappointing as fuck (Houli was a beast on the day though, he really should have won the Norm Smith), but I'm optimistic going into this year.

AFL thread would be great, definitely get it up and going.

Around the Network
RingoGaSuki said:

Of course there are! I've been a Crows man all my life. The GF last year was disappointing as fuck (Houli was a beast on the day though, he really should have won the Norm Smith), but I'm optimistic going into this year.

AFL thread would be great, definitely get it up and going.

Crows had a great season last year. Started off the Grand Final but faltered the rest of the game.

I don't think the demand is high enough for a thread.

I’m a Queenslander, so NRL obviously absolutely destroys AFL. But If I make the move down to Melbourne I’d definitely try and give AFL a go and try and blend in with the Victorians.

Swannies fan here. Been a little rough the past few years, but we had our moment in 2005, with the infamous Nick Davis game, and one of the best grand finals in recent times.

You would be hard pressed. I usually make a Rugby thread for every world cup that'll get around 200 replies, which isn't alot. Considering Rugby is alot more popular than AFL, you'd be hard pressed to get that many replies.

Edit: that does remind me though, I will need to get the official thread up and running again. 

AFL fan here and AFL card collector. I run my own trading card site lol.