By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Blossom Tales for Switch surpasses Steam lifetime revenue by 20x

According to steamspy the game has sold 3,656 units in steam.

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

On Resetera I see a lot of people arguing over whether it's an accomplishment or not because it sold so little on steam, people saying steam is trash because it's so overcrowded or saying it's not hard to get a hit on Switch because it's not overstuffed with games but all that translates to is undermining the success the game has found on Switch and not found on Steam.

This game releasing on Switch apparently has saved the company and they will now continue to make more games and no one can really fault that.

Last edited by JSG87 - on 16 March 2018

Awesome! This game is lovely!

The best part is that it helped saving the developer. I'm glad to hear that, because most people say this game is amazing.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Cool, just bought the game last week, only played for like 2 hours or so but really enjoy it.

For anybody who doesnt know what the game is, its very similar to Link to the Past.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

So, the sales are like 60,000 then?

VGPolyglot said:

Steamspy says the game sold 3,656 units on Steam.

Revenue is over 20x as much on Switch.

Its priced the same on Steam & Switch, however i dont know if its had any past discounts on Steam.

Assuming all units sold are the same price than Switch version sold more than 73,120.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
VGPolyglot said:

Steamspy says the game sold 3,656 units on Steam.

Revenue is 20x as much on Switch.

Its priced the same on Steam & Switch, however i dont know if its had any past discounts on Steam.

Assuming all units sold are the same price than Switch version sold 73,120.

I don't know the proportion of revenue-per-sale it is per console, so that could fluctuate a bit.

LipeJJ said:
The best part is that it helped saving the developer. I'm glad to hear that, because most people say this game is amazing.

Yeah. This is a feel-good story. :)

That's good to hear. I absolutely loved the game, the music is quite nice. It isn't selling massive numbers but the fact that it's enough to get the developers happy is good enough for me. As long as they're making a living off their games.