By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - UPDATE!!: Dragon Ball Super MOVIE Teaser Trailer Released! Super Saiyan Goku/Vegeta Revealed!!

Hynad said:

The art looks a little flat compared to the recent DBS episodes. :-/

Yuya Takahashi will be sorely missed. :'(

just a teaser,9 months out from a movie, dont expect a true trailer till oct. 

I like the art style in this though, looks like manga style

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:
Hynad said:

The art looks a little flat compared to the recent DBS episodes. :-/

Yuya Takahashi will be sorely missed. :'(

just a teaser,9 months out from a movie, dont expect a true trailer till oct. 

I like the art style in this though, looks like manga style

Yes, it does. But when it comes to anime, I prefer when it looks less flat, more dynamic, with more shading, etc..

The line art is good. I'll give you that. It's really mostly the shading/lack of contrast that bothers me.

It's a lil too short to get me excited for the movie, but what is shown here: Man, that animation looks pretty dang good. Also, getting some Dragon Ball vibes here, despite this being a continuation from the current universe battle arc. I'd definitely like to check out the movie if I can.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Since Toriyama said it deals with frieza and saiyans and unwritten. This makes me think its about the legendary super saiyan that was spoken about during the Namek Arc in DBZ and of who'm Shenron spoke off to Beerus and company of the first super saiyan god.

The guys name was Yamoshi. Personality wise he was like Goku and wanted to expel evil from the saiyans.

He makes the most sense given what Toriyama has stated

I mean I haven't watched Dragon Ball since like 2005 but at this point even from someone who doesn't follow the series it doesn't seem like there is any line between whats cannon and whats not because there are so many things that don't add up.

Around the Network
MasterThief said:
I mean I haven't watched Dragon Ball since like 2005 but at this point even from someone who doesn't follow the series it doesn't seem like there is any line between whats cannon and whats not because there are so many things that don't add up.

I can see how it would be that way. Pretty much all DB movies except Battle Of Gods and Resurrection F are not canon.  

PwerlvlAmy said:
MasterThief said:

I can see how it would be that way. Pretty much all DB movies except Battle Of Gods and Resurrection F are not canon.  

Canon is: Dragonball manga / DBZ Kai, History of Trunks special, Bardock: Father of Goku special, Battle of Gods, Resurrection F, and...well...it's up in the air which version of Super is truly canon, the manga or the anime. I prefer the manga - it seems better put together IMO - but it feels like ages between releases. I really hope Toyotarou spruces up the Tournament of Power towards the end; they didn't even try to make Jiren interesting in the anime.

I avoid anime movies with all I can. even some of my favorite animes (which aren't many) movies also belong to the "never watch" list of mine.

just waiting on ugh maybe hopefully Slam Dunk remake or something (captain tsubasa should be fun) and idk maybe in the year 2100 HxH gets enough manga content to make episodes.

This is definitely the best art style so far, looks amazing . DBS had some really bad lapses in animation and really rigid character models, the new style is so much more fluid and can really give the sakuga animation the franchise deserves. Hopefully, they also remove the auras or at least severely blur it out because the last fight was literally 2 fire auras fighting each other, terribly done and if removed would have been so damn amazing, still great but could be better.

The movie is definitely steering the art style towards a better direction and I'm hyped for this saiyan villain.

arcaneguyver said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Canon is: Dragonball manga / DBZ Kai, History of Trunks special, Bardock: Father of Goku special, Battle of Gods, Resurrection F, and...well...it's up in the air which version of Super is truly canon, the manga or the anime. I prefer the manga - it seems better put together IMO - but it feels like ages between releases. I really hope Toyotarou spruces up the Tournament of Power towards the end; they didn't even try to make Jiren interesting in the anime.

Jiren is one of the worst enemies in Dragon Ball history imo. So bland,so dull and just plain ol boring. The writing is to blame a lot for that, they relied on the ''hes getting serious'' and ''now hes showing his true power'' trope. Usually thats done a couple times in a DB arc between multiple characters but Jiren has done it himself like 7 or 8 times to the point its not even entertaining