By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Citra 3DS receives Hardware Renderer Update!

JRPGfan said:
VGPolyglot said:
Wow, it looks great.

How would you rather play ur Pokemon ?

I agree though, Citra does make some 3DS games look rather good.

Pokemon is surprisingly very upscale friendly. There are some videos of Pokemon Ultra Sun and Moon running at 4K and it looks fantastic.

Around the Network

Great! I was already able to play games at full speed for the most part in 4k, but it is always nice to have better performance. Will try it on my HTPC which has integrated graphics. 

BasilZero said:
The recently released emulators are going well. Cant wait to try them out in a few years when they are highly compatible with a lot of games.

You dont need to wait a few years.
Citra 3DS is ready now, like 90% of your games will play 100% like on the 3ds, and look better.
The last 10%? yeah okay.... those might take some time yet to get fully playable.

fatslob-:O said:
Are they going to add a Vulkan or DX12 backend ?

https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/pull/3615

Looks like Vulkan is in the works (as of 2days ago), apparently AMD gpu's are having issues with the OpenGL in this emu.
A few months from now it may be the best way to use the emulator (esp for amd gpu owners).

The same team is working on an emulator for Switch. And by the looks of it they will have it working fully, long before the Switch even enters it's fourth year. The second that thing is out and running well, we can kiss Nintendo games goodbye. Everyone will just pirate them. :(

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:

The same team is working on an emulator for Switch. And by the looks of it they will have it working fully, long before the Switch even enters it's fourth year. The second that thing is out and running well, we can kiss Nintendo games goodbye. Everyone will just pirate them. :(

R4 cards for the DS were available two years after the DS-launch... didn't stop the software output.

JRPGfan said:

Looks like Vulkan is in the works (as of 2days ago), apparently AMD gpu's are having issues with the OpenGL in this emu.
A few months from now it may be the best way to use the emulator (esp for amd gpu owners).

That was just April Fools, I don't think they intended to be serious about it if we take a look at the last few posts ... 

fatslob-:O said:
JRPGfan said:

That was just April Fools, I don't think they intended to be serious about it if we take a look at the last few posts ... 

I didnt even consider it....  April Fools sucks lmao.

Cerebralbore101 said:

Switch emulator isnt var far into developement, Id be surprised if it runs more than a homebrew they cooked up, to test things so far.

Look at the 3DS, its from 2011.... its on its 8th year... and its really first around now that it's possible for most to use it to run games.
Switch will be the same,  with reguards to its emulator (it will have barely any impact at all).
By the time a emulator of a switch is running well, the Switch will be a dead platform, replaces by a Switch 2.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 02 April 2018

JRPGfan said:

I didnt even consider it....  April Fools sucks lmao.

Hopefully, they'll reconsider the idea eventually soon as they start moving more of the emulation to the GPU side ... 

Also, kinda sad how the developers behind CEMU are getting $10K+ month from Patreon yet RPCS3 (which had Vulkan/DX12 BEFORE launching Patreon while still getting less than half the income compared to CEMU right now) and Dolphin both already had Vulkan before CEMU did and they didn't need Patreon to fund them $10K+ a month either to get it working ... 

Fuck them ...  

RPCS3 is far more deserving of donations IMO than CEMU cause at least it has a much more worthwhile library emulating even though most of it is shared on PC and the project is open source as well so they have the benefit of transparency ... (even PCSX2 needs the donations more than CEMU does)

Conina said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

R4 cards for the DS were available two years after the DS-launch... didn't stop the software output.

Nintendo won a series of legal battles against R4 manufacturers. Also, R4 wasn't an emulator, but a way to pirate games if you already owned the system. The difference here is that you don't need a system to play a Switch Emulator, and the law isn't on Nintendo's side this time.