By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gabe: "Hooray! Valve's going to start shipping games again."

the-pi-guy said:
I was expecting a bit more excitement about this.

It'll probably take a good while before any of the games arrive, and we know nothing about them anyway. I mean, this is great, but there's not much to get excited about just yet.

Around the Network

I didn't even know there was a thread about it on here lol, I had been talking about this same thing a lot on reddit

i'm so hyped, hope we can see one of the new games soon, also Artifact looks great as well

Zkuq said:
the-pi-guy said:

It'll probably take a good while before any of the games arrive, and we know nothing about them anyway. I mean, this is great, but there's not much to get excited about just yet.

Yeah, I'm not really feeling much excitement of the idea them eventually getting around to storyboarding these games. We're still looking at another 5 or so years until we see what these games are like, let alone them being released. This is Valve we're talking about, so Valve time is going to result in a rather long wait for these games to surface. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

2018 may be a good year after all.

It will be fascinating to see the reaction to DOTA3... and it will look like Overwatch....

Just thinking of one of the things I would least want to see... we will see...

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:
Zkuq said:

Optimistically these games might be fairly well along, and they might be a bit closer than we expect.  

Oh, they probably are, but this is Valve we're talking about.

Portal 3 please.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mERhtoD21rU
~20 mins of Gabe talking about Artifact.

I really wouldn't care that much if it wasn't for the fact that Portal 2 was damn near a masterpiece.  That they can still make great games if they want is hard to dispute.

Also, along with all the robotics and electrical engineers, maybe they've found someone who can handle customer support?

axumblade said:
I just want Portal 3. The rest would just be icing on the cake.

I don't know if I should boo or applaud.

the-pi-guy said:

Took too long.