By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Taking a break - I'm back!

Don't worry about missing out while you're away, or feeling you can't mold back into the forums after a long absence. I'm sure we'll welcome you back again with open arms :) Also, it's okay if you still feel like chatting with peeps. People are just social ingeneral and need someone to have friendly chats with. Take care~

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

Best of luck, vgp. Hopefully things turn out fine for you

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I hope you do alright and get better! Here are my suggestions to you:

1. At least for a month (set a date for example 5.5.2018 and until that) try your best to not think about this site, these forums, discord or these people. If you find yourself thinking about these things, then quickly start thinking about something else or do something that requires your full concentration, don´t let it be an option and don´t worry about it. Really try to do this.

2. Try new things and don´t take it too seriously. Don´t worry about trying new things and failing or being bad at them, accept it, try to learn from your mistakes and be ready to laugh at yourself if you really mess something up. New things can be exiting, scary, fun and can boost your confidence, because just trying new things and getting out of your comfortzone is brave and achievment itself.

3. Talk to your doctor about your depression. Talk about your meds and if you have found them to be working or not. Try to get advice from him/her and if you are going to psychotherapist then try to continue with that. Be honest with your doctor and psychotherapist and tell them everything.

4. I don´t know how well do you eat or how much exercise do you get, but if you feel like there could be improvement on those, then try to eat more healthily and exercise more. With both keep in mind that you don´t need to be perfect. If you eat healthy food for six days and then eat ten burgers on one day,it doesn´t equal failure, it doesn´t mess anything up. Perfection isn´t an option so be happy if you can change your habits to be better, you don´t need to be perfect. Be happy about small changes, baby steps.

5. Enjoy nature. Go out and use your senses to enjoy the world around you. Go to a forest, listen to its sounds, relax, touch, feel and smell things, try to forget about eveything else, even if just for a moment. The world we live in is amazing and worth experiencing. Don´t worry bee happy :D

Did you have an alt before? This reminds me if Snake and him quitting if his real talk threads didnt get enough replies

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I was affraid this would happen seeing how you took so many responsabilities on the site in a very short time frame. We know you wanted to help the site and make it better, but sometimes just being a good user like you are is enough.

In any case, I hope you enjoy this time away from us and just know that, if/when you come back, we'll be here to welcome you back .

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Looking forward to your return VGP :)

For many years  I only lurked on the site mainly because the sign-up system blocked my email and only recently  I was unblocked. After a couple of posts I quickly realized that even than I’m nearly 40’ I take my posts and other much too seriously. Sometimes people react differently that I would expect. That might be my fault. So I try to take active part only in the fun staff, and only lurk the more serious subjects. Maybe You might want to only lurk for a while and not participate in the conversation? That way You don’t fell the stress, and learn to have a little distance? Cutting the site off might be even more painful as it will create a sort of emptiness, causing more depression. Good luck!

The secret is to never go full gung-ho on anything, that way you never burn out.

Good luck dude :), hope you can get past this.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Glad I saw this. Haven't been around much the last few days due to my own dealie . Be well VGP. Whether you get things sorted quickly, and return sooner than later, or you take an extended leave of absence, Old Uncle Coktoe will be happy to see you again. Again, please take care, and hope you start feeling better soon. 

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."