By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Darkest Hour is pure Oscar bait and a bad movie.

LuccaCardoso1 said:
Alara317 said:
I concur. So far it's the only best picture nominee I couldn't make it through. Boring, uneventful, might as well be a TV movie on the history channel that they show to highschoolers as punishment.

Today, I watched that (well, about half of it, I gave up and skimmed the rest), The Shape of Water, The Post, and Call me By Your Name.

Of them, I enjoyed The Shape of Water the most. The Post was also quite good; Spielberg manages to make something like reporting interesting.

I have to admit, I skipped like 30 minutes of Darkest Hour. It was too boring for me to watch the whole thing.

I still haven't watched The Post, Phantom Thread and Dunkirk. But from what I've watched, my favourites are Call Me by Your Name and Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri. Lady Bird winning wouldn't make me mad either. The Shape of Water is also amazing, but I have a few problems with it that really bug me. Get Out is good, but nothing remarkable imo

The funny thing is that I really liked The King's Speech back in 2010, which is in many ways a similar film. 

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
Alara317 said:

Of them, I enjoyed The Shape of Water the most. The Post was also quite good; Spielberg manages to make something like reporting interesting.

You sir have definite good taste in terms of cinematography (imo)

I would hope so! I am a film student! 

My rankings so far:

1 - Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
2 - The Shape of Water
3 - The Post
4 - Call Me By Your Name
5 - Lady Bird
6 - Get Out
7 - Dunkirk
8 - Darkest Hour

I only particularly liked the top three. The next three (Call Me By Your Name, Lady Bird, and Get Out) were all fine, but I'd say overrated. Actively disliked Dunkirk and Darkest Hour. They were the two most boring war films I've ever seen, which sucks because I think Christopher Nolan is a talented director, I'm just falling out of love with him. Loved The Dark Knight/Batman Begins, Memento, The Prestige, and Inception, hated Interstellar, The Dark Knight Rises. and Dunkirk.