By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - U.S. to Overtake Russia & Saudi Arabia as World’s Top Oil Producer

spurgeonryan said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Does this mean it's America's turn to be invaded? =P

Perfect opportunity now. We are losing our gun rights. 

Unless you're  a teacher. Then you get a gun. 

Does that mean the Librarians get silencers?

Around the Network

For how long? Do they have the same kind of reserves as Russia and SA?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

spurgeonryan said:
Experts warn it could bring down fuel prices? What is the warning for? Be careful! Your about to save money at the tank!!! Danger, Danger!

Shale oil is much more expensive to produce than standard oil drilling. Which means that if the price drop too much (I think remembering under something like 45$ per barrel for shale oil, while it's less than 20$ for standard petrol drilling), it's exploitation would cost more than they could earn on it, and of course production would then be halted by the producing company until the price rises again above production price. This of course will result in layoffs, even though they may just be temporary.

Another problem is that the US economy is more reliant on the petrol, so if the price drops the income of the United States and it's GDP will be strongly affected by a lower oil price.

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 01 March 2018

I dare everyone who is happy about that to watch the movies Samsara, Baraka and Koyaanisqatsi.

Really sad development. Egoistic and ignorant, especially since a lot of this involves shale oil from oil sands.

Locknuts said:
spurgeonryan said:

Perfect opportunity now. We are losing our gun rights. 

Unless you're  a teacher. Then you get a gun. 

Does that mean the Librarians get silencers?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/28/us/georgia-dalton-high-school-teacher-gunfire/index.html

Another "good idea" from President Twat shows it's end results.

What next, guillotines in day cares?

Around the Network
Errorist76 said:
I dare everyone who is happy about that to watch the movies Samsara, Baraka and Koyaanisqatsi.

Really sad development. Egoistic and ignorant, especially since a lot of this involves shale oil from oil sands.

But why stop now? Butchering the ecology all for the sake of money is the American way, hurpa derp!

I wonder how much more production will increase once Einstein's huge ramp up in off-shore drilling comes into play in 2019? All the coastal states/governments seem to love that one. I know I do. It'll be great for everybody, and isn't short sighted at all.

- Edit - I should say it's just a proposal at this stage.

Last edited by COKTOE - on 02 March 2018

YOU WILL SERVE THE BRIGHT LORD!

spurgeonryan said:
Experts warn it could bring down fuel prices? What is the warning for? Be careful! Your about to save money at the tank!!! Danger, Danger!

A lot of people lost their job when oil was down last time including investments.

COKTOE said:

I wonder how much more production will increase once Einstein's huge ramp up in off-shore drilling comes into play in 2019? All the coastal states/governments seem to love that one. I know I do. It'll be great for everybody, and isn't short sighted at all.

- Edit - I should say it's just a proposal at this stage.

I know you were being sarcastic, but I just heard Einstein turning in his grave...even be it just being mentioned as a way to ironically describe the orange man-child.