By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Can we find someone from every post-Soviet state here?

VGPolyglot said:
Kaneman! said:

The demonym is Kyrgyz, not Kyrgyzstani.

Ah, I thought Kyrgyz referred to ethnicity while Kyrgyzstani referred to nationality.

It's both, as far as I know.

Around the Network

Got a friend from Moldova... he hates the country, so identifies as Canadian, now, haha!

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

Kaneman! said:
VGPolyglot said:

Ah, I thought Kyrgyz referred to ethnicity while Kyrgyzstani referred to nationality.

It's both, as far as I know.

Ah, I see.

palou said:
Got a friend from Moldova... he hates the country, so identifies as Canadian, now, haha!

Yeah, when I do threads like these I tend to mean the country in which the person is currently residing.

My family is originally from Latvia (They came to Australia post WWII), my wife is from Russia.

Around the Network

As a GDR survivor I volunteer.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

nanarchy said:
My family is originally from Latvia (They came to Australia post WWII), my wife is from Russia.

Latvia is an incredibly beautiful country. The women are gorgeous...a mix between Russian and Scandinavian and everybody knows English, German or both. I was very impressed when I did my road trip through the Baltic states, a few years ago.

Ka-pi96 said:

heh, VGC also has Yugoslavia and Zaire. It also has only one unified Korea :O

VGC solving one of the biggest diplomatic disputes in history.