By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why has the TimeSplitters trilogy never been re-released?

Tagged games:

Do you like TimeSplitters?

Yes, it's awesome 9 75.00%

No, but I still like monkeys with guns 0 0%

No, I'm boring 3 25.00%

Total:12
Ka-pi96 said:
kirby007 said:

Im not sure what you are doing with your consoles aside from one rrod all mines still live. Maybe bc most are nintendo .... but those from other lesser manufacturers with a little maintenance can be kept alive for eons aswell

Some consoles just don't last that well. My PS1 still works. But PS2s... they're shite at lasting for a long time. They're pretty infamous for their disc read errors, it happens a lot earlier if the disc is blue. Stupid PS2s! Them constantly breaking was actually the reason I went Xbox the next gen... then RROD happened

Can't you just clean the lens?

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
kirby007 said:

Im not sure what you are doing with your consoles aside from one rrod all mines still live. Maybe bc most are nintendo .... but those from other lesser manufacturers with a little maintenance can be kept alive for eons aswell

Some consoles just don't last that well. My PS1 still works. But PS2s... they're shite at lasting for a long time. They're pretty infamous for their disc read errors, it happens a lot earlier if the disc is blue. Stupid PS2s! Them constantly breaking was actually the reason I went Xbox the next gen... then RROD happened

Not entirely true.

Pre SCPH-350xx, yes, reliability is sketchy. They have stopped making those around 2002 I reckon. 390xx - 900xx, very reliable, BAR one short-lived 7000x (V12) slim revision. Got quickly fixed in the 7001x (V13) revision.

My 2003-bought 39004 is still working like a champ, with dual-layer DVD's even.

Would be cool to see that is for sure.