By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - >90 METACRITIC: The Nintendo Switch has more Games than PS4 and XB1 together (First Year)

pikashoe said:
wd89 said:
1)Bayonetta is 84 on meta now, not 90 so that -1 for the list
2)3 of those 90+ Switch games are also on PS4
3)you're missing Flower 91 meta for the PS4

so congrats for making a list that shows PS4 had 6 90+ meta games in its first year and Switch has 7 out of which 3 are also on PS4 and 3 are ports from Wii U (because i saw somebody complain that the 90+ meta PS4 1st year games are ports)

-1 for gta v on ps4, didn't release within the 1st year. Botw isn't a port, it released the same day as the Wii u version. Also the Wii u sold poorly, so porting Wii u games is a little different than porting a game from a successful console.

So the sales of the WiiU version make the BotW be more exclusive than GTAV?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
pikashoe said:

-1 for gta v on ps4, didn't release within the 1st year. Botw isn't a port, it released the same day as the Wii u version. Also the Wii u sold poorly, so porting Wii u games is a little different than porting a game from a successful console.

So the sales of the WiiU version make the BotW be more exclusive than GTAV?

I have know idea what you're trying to say. But I'll just guess that whatever you're saying is not what I meant.

pokoko said:
Alkibiádēs said:

Dragon Age was quickly forgotten after it released. You almost never hear anyone talking about that game anymore, how it ever managed to win GOTY is beyond me lol. FF XIV is pretty much dead already as well. 

Just saying things you want to be true doesn't make it so.  Don't do that, it's childish.  

Except they're very much true. The only time Dragon Age ever gets brought up again is when people wonder how on earth it ever won that many GOTY awards.

If they ever re-release that game it will suffer the same fate as LA Noire did this gen. Mediocre reviews and terrible sales. 

Typical over-rated AAA games from Western publishers. 

A Shadow of  the Colossus this is not. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

CGI-Quality said:
Alkibiádēs said:

Except they're very much true. The only time Dragon Age ever gets brought up again is when people wonder how on earth it ever won that many GOTY awards.

If they ever re-release that game it will suffer the same fate as LA Noire did this gen. Mediocre reviews and terrible sales. 

L.A. Noire did not receive mediocre reviews last gen.

PS3

I mean that it received good reviews last gen and now mediocre reviews with the remaster. The ultimate proof that the game was over-rated. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

CGI-Quality said:
Alkibiádēs said:

L.A. Noire did not receive mediocre reviews last gen.

PS3

This gen, not last gen

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
pikashoe said:

This gen, not last gen

Yeah, you missed the point.

The initial point being made was that la noire got good reviews last gen, then got more mediocre reviews this gen. All you did was say that it got good reviews last gen, which no one was refuting to begin with. Your reply just made it look like you didn't understand what you were being told.

CGI-Quality said:
pikashoe said:

The initial point being made was that la noire got good reviews last gen, then got more mediocre reviews this gen. All you did was say that it got good reviews last gen, which no one was refuting to begin with. Your reply just made it look like you didn't understand what you were being told.

Which obviously wasn't the case, considering his reply to me understood what I was trying to say.

His reply literally says that he wasn't refuting that it got good reviews last gen. The point he is making is that he feels the game was overrated last gen, and that this gen the reviews are more in line with how he views the game.

CGI-Quality said:
pikashoe said:

His reply literally says that he wasn't refuting that it got good reviews last gen. The point he is making is that he feels the game was overrated last gen, and that this gen the reviews are more in line with how he views the game.

Best to just agree to disagree, at this point. My discussion with him has already been solved and I got what he was saying.

@ Alkibiádēs: Having a second look at this gen's scores, I wouldn't really call 76, 77, and 79 mediocre. Just not as strong as it was last gen.

Why did you say that it didn't get mediocre reviews last gen? He didn't say it got mediocre reviews last gen, he said it got good reviews last gen. This is the only thing I have a problem with.

CGI-Quality said:
pikashoe said:

Why did you say that it didn't get mediocre reviews last gen? He didn't say it got mediocre reviews last gen, he said it got good reviews last gen. This is the only thing I have a problem with.

You can have a problem with it. Life goes on.

Ok, do you understand the mistake you made?

Alkibiádēs said:
pokoko said:

Just saying things you want to be true doesn't make it so.  Don't do that, it's childish.  

I'm well aware that you think that but your self-admitted bias also means I have very little faith in your opinion.  A lot of people liked Dragon Age Inquisition whether you like that fact or not.  All the rest of what you are saying really has no bearing on what I said.  Games like Dragon Age Inquisition and Far Cry 4 were a lot more relevant during the time frame I mentioned than some of the "90+" games in the OP.  That's the simple truth.