By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubisoft has 2 unannounced AAA's releasing next fiscal year (April 2018 - March 2019)

Well another Watch Dogs seems like an obvious choice, but I dunno what the other one would be. I don't expect Division or For Honor.

Around the Network

So a new Assassins Creed and...?

shikamaru317 said:
KLXVER said:
So a new Assassins Creed and...?

Probably not AC. Ubisoft has been hinting that they plan to switch to a 2 year release schedule for AC and release extra DLC for Origins to compensate. 

Ill believe it when I see it.

KLXVER said:
shikamaru317 said:

Probably not AC. Ubisoft has been hinting that they plan to switch to a 2 year release schedule for AC and release extra DLC for Origins to compensate. 

Ill believe it when I see it.

They didn't release an AC game in 2016 so it's not unprecedented. I'm pretty sure their won't be one. I think they want to alternate between Watch Dogs and AC each year.

A new Tom Clancy branded game is obvious as for the second one i have no idea. I don't think AC will return to a yearly release and i don't think Watch Dogs 2 did well enough to warrant a 3. I just hope they release games that can be enjoyed as a singleplayer experience

Around the Network

if I had to predict, it would be this:

Tom Clancy "something", (likely division 2) a multiplayer GaaS shooter, launching this holiday.

Watch Dogs 3 for March 2019. The last game had disappointing sales partly due to the November release, and I dont think Ubisoft will make the same mistake again.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

melbye said:
i don't think Watch Dogs 2 did well enough to warrant a 3.

Watch Dogs 2 is undertracked on here, either that or AC:Syndicate is overtracked. But I don't think Watch Dogs 2 sales were low enough to kill the franchise.

"Watch Dogs 2‘s release window sales were described as “soft” during Ubisoft’s post-financials release briefing today.

Despite this admission, Ubisoft remained bullish on the franchise, saying that strong sales followed release due to positive word-of-mouth buzz. The publisher is “happy” with Watch Dogs 2’s performance, CEO Yves Guillemot said, and commented that these healthy sales are important for the long term future of the Watch Dogs franchise."

"Though Ubisoft did not give hard numbers on Watch Dogs 2’s sales to date, it did say it has already out-performed Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate, which came out a year earlier."

This is from February 2017.

Assassin's Creed
FarCry Primal 2

The PS5 Exists. 

I think we might get Splinter Cell and Watch Dogs

The division 2 and a new iP is my guess. I enjoyed both watch dogs but hopefully 3 is a bit longer off. Also delighted they are not bringing out another ac. The extra dev time breathed new life into that series.