By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - MHW Week 3: 159k, PS4: 71k in JAPAN

This is going to full in a hole at Capcom they've been needing for a LONG time. I'm sure they're getting that direct sequel fast-tracked ASAP.



Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Kerotan said:
This title is blowing away even the most optimistic of expectations. Sony and capcom will be high fiving for sure. Epic sales and I look forward eagerly to the next few weeks.

Not to forget how much the RE7 PSVR contributed to Capcom as well... when they align with Sony good things can happen.

Or... Street fighter V



Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

RJ_Sizzle said:
I'm sure they're getting that direct sequel fast-tracked ASAP.

Maybe. Not sure about that. What they tend to do with Monster Hunter games is provide free DLC support for it over a long period of time with new bosses, weapons, quests, etc, to keep people interested in playing for a long time.



That's going to take up resources. They also probably need to add G-Rank quests.
The next big Monster Hunter World sequel may very well end up on PS5.
I can see them making a MH game before that for Switch or for all consoles including Switch.

Last edited by Hiku - on 07 February 2018

Qwark said:
DonFerrari said:

Not to forget how much the RE7 PSVR contributed to Capcom as well... when they align with Sony good things can happen.

Or... Street fighter V

Hard to put that on Sony.
They left out alot of content when it launched, and basically launched something half finished.
Public reacted negativly, but thats not sony's fault.



Noobie said:
 FFXIII (PS3)DQ XI (PS4)DQ XI (3DS)MH:XXMHW
Week 1 1,501,964 950,315 1,148,888 848,467 1,254,169
Week 2 188,511 200,798 307,714 280,293 346,187
Week 3 111,705 91,147 116,615 127,721  
Week 4 41,663 49,543 67,705 65,672  
Week 5   22,600 30,146 43,941  

Media Create:

PS4 86,174
PS4 Pro 23,113
Vita 4,207

MHW: 346K indeed
Dragon Ball: 68k
http://www.4gamer.net/games/117/G011794/20180207051/

MHW with other Monster Hunter Titles

ResetEra Source

01./01. [PS4] Monster Hunter: World # (Capcom) {2018.01.26} (¥8.980) - 346.187 / 1.591.356 (-72%)
01./01. [3DS] Monster Hunter Double Cross (Capcom) {2017.03.18} (¥5.800) - 280.293 / 1.128.760 (-67%)
01./01. [3DS] Monster Hunter X # (Capcom) {2015.11.28} (¥6.264) - 332.478 / 1.820.845 (-78%)
01./01. [3DS] Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate # (Capcom) {2014.10.11} (¥6.264) - 327.212 / 1.773.501 (-77%)
01./01. [3DS] Monster Hunter 4 # (Capcom) {2013.09.14} (¥5.990) - 473.739 / 2.188.799 (-72%)

Impressive PS4 sales again. And DragonBall Fighter Z < 3

Shadow of Colossus Remake and Dynasty Warriors 9 on PS4 will be released this week in Japan. And the new Sword Art online game, right?



"The Last of Us 2" is officially Game of the Year 2020, worldwide. Ghost of Tsushima-Artwork:

Around the Network
KazumaKiryu said:
Noobie said:
 FFXIII (PS3)DQ XI (PS4)DQ XI (3DS)MH:XXMHW
Week 1 1,501,964 950,315 1,148,888 848,467 1,254,169
Week 2 188,511 200,798 307,714 280,293 346,187
Week 3 111,705 91,147 116,615 127,721  
Week 4 41,663 49,543 67,705 65,672  
Week 5   22,600 30,146 43,941  

Media Create:

PS4 86,174
PS4 Pro 23,113
Vita 4,207

MHW: 346K indeed
Dragon Ball: 68k
http://www.4gamer.net/games/117/G011794/20180207051/

MHW with other Monster Hunter Titles

ResetEra Source

01./01. [PS4] Monster Hunter: World # (Capcom) {2018.01.26} (¥8.980) - 346.187 / 1.591.356 (-72%)
01./01. [3DS] Monster Hunter Double Cross (Capcom) {2017.03.18} (¥5.800) - 280.293 / 1.128.760 (-67%)
01./01. [3DS] Monster Hunter X # (Capcom) {2015.11.28} (¥6.264) - 332.478 / 1.820.845 (-78%)
01./01. [3DS] Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate # (Capcom) {2014.10.11} (¥6.264) - 327.212 / 1.773.501 (-77%)
01./01. [3DS] Monster Hunter 4 # (Capcom) {2013.09.14} (¥5.990) - 473.739 / 2.188.799 (-72%)

Impressive PS4 sales again. And DragonBall Fighter Z < 3

Shadow of Colossus Remake and Dynasty Warriors 9 on PS4 will be released this week in Japan. And the new Sword Art online game, right?

Yes, 

It should be another big week for PS4



JRPGfan said:
DonFerrari said:
Very good second week, and Seems like PS4Pro is still around 20% of sales

~26.85 % (this week) :)

And you always hear how Japanese homes are small and they dont have room for big 4k tv's ect.
The Pro seems to be doing well enough in japan.

Yep it's funny that Sony make very large 4k TVs being on a country that people have limited space... and the proportion of PS4Pro on a dimishing market that don't care much for consoles is very strong, perhaps it indicates PS4Pro growing to 25-30% of sales WW.

Qwark said:
DonFerrari said:

Not to forget how much the RE7 PSVR contributed to Capcom as well... when they align with Sony good things can happen.

Or... Street fighter V

Not sure if there can be made a case of it being due to aligning with Sony, but sure we can accept that SFV wasn't a good thing.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Kyuu said:

Informative thread Noobie.  Keep it up.

Thank you Kyuu



Not only is the game selling better than I though it would, it's pushing more PS4s than I thought it would.

We'll see if the system is under 100k combined next week - and how long it takes to return to the ~30-50k baseline. I'm definitely impressed.



Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

StuOhQ said:
Not only is the game selling better than I though it would, it's pushing more PS4s than I thought it would.

We'll see if the system is under 100k combined next week - and how long it takes to return to the ~30-50k baseline. I'm definitely impressed.

the system should be under 100k next week. Even if it stays above 80k next week, that will be amazing. 
I have not seen PS4 stay above 100k back to back on the strength of a single title and that too in non-holidays season. Even >80k in non-holiday season is mighty impressive for PS4. 

PS4 should be below 50k in week after this.