By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Linux on Switch!

Very cool stuff.

Around the Network
Xen said:
SuperNova said:

As far as I understand that is actually unfortunately a long time off, since all of this currently uses and exploit that nintendo already patched and that was only on launch systems to begin with.

I have a launch switch, but naturally I updated the OS few times (well, whenever Nintendo pushed out an update) so I and many others have locked themselves out of homebrew and all new systems ship with a version number that already has te exploit patched out.

Not necessarily.

http://team-xecuter.com/forums/threads/153620-Team-Xecuter-coming-to-your-Nintendo-Switch-console%21

From the guys that brought us RGH on the X360. Keep updated.

Thanks! That's actually really cool, hadn't heard of it at all, even though  try to keep up with homebrew.

In what way is this a good thing?

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

peachbuggy said:

In the way that it makes the system useful for more than just games.

It won't affect the Switch's software sales power in any meaningful way.
If that is what you are worried about.

caffeinade said:
peachbuggy said:

Hmmm so you mean things like browser, youtube, netflix etc? Some of this stuff will undoubtedly come anyway though. It's not as bad as i thought regarding game piracy i suppose. Still don't think it's necessarily a good thing, as messing about with its innards will instantly void any warranty should it ever need to be used.

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network
peachbuggy said:
caffeinade said:

Hmmm so you mean things like browser, youtube, netflix etc? Some of this stuff will undoubtedly come anyway though. It's not as bad as i thought regarding game piracy i suppose. Still don't think it's necessarily a good thing, as messing about with its innards will instantly void any warranty should it ever need to be used.

Just wait.
I am betting there will be some very cool things coming out of the DIY community once Linux is easily installed.

That will only likely serve to further promote the Switch brand.
Given Nintendo sells their consoles at a profit, Nintendo will be fine financially.

caffeinade said:
peachbuggy said:

Just wait.
I am betting there will be some very cool things coming out of the DIY community once Linux is easily installed.

That will only likely serve to further promote the Switch brand.
Given Nintendo sells their consoles at a profit, Nintendo will be fine financially.

More the software side of things that bothers me.