By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What if......?

Tagged games:

Retro making Smash Bros?

Yes! Good call! 1 3.85%

NEVER! 3 11.54%

Nah, it's a new IP 9 34.62%

Nah, it's a 3D Donkey Kong 5 19.23%

Dunno.... er... Maybe? 2 7.69%

Struggling here. Somethin... 0 0%

Dunno, we shall see. 2 7.69%

None of the above 1 3.85%

Yes and they had better i... 1 3.85%

Nope, they've been abducted by aliens. 2 7.69%

Total:26
Jumpin said:
freebs2 said:

I don't know who they have hired over these year. I'm just going by the fact that most of the AAA online gaming industry is based in the US. They have an higher chance of attracting skilled online engeneers and designers than in japan. Also since Nintendo announced their online platform is coming later this year they'll want a killer app to sell it, because that's how they usually operate.

Good points, I was hoping you’d have some evidence though as it would REALLY help my Diddy Kong Racing theory =P

If Retro + David Wise + Racing game experience + Monster Games Collaboration + Online functionality came together, that would point more to DKR than DK3D Platformer.

I'm not excluding DKR, but it could really be anything. Going by curriculim vitae David Wise fits Donkey Kong but Alex Brandon doesn't, and since Tropical Freeze remaster is coming David Wise may just be recording a couple of extra songs for that game.

Around the Network

Fighting games are harder to make (at least the good ones) than people think. It's not only about the number of fighters and special movements, but it's also about balance to avoid having characters that are too strong or too weak. Let's not forget that the last Smash was developed by Namco, with members of the Tekken series involved.

I'd say that it's almost impossible for Retro to be working on Smash, other than a port of the WiiU/3DS game.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

freebs2 said:
Considering timing (assuming they will announce it this year) it may be an online multiplayer game. But definetly they're not developing Smash Bros, HAL and Bamco are already proficient at that.

Not sure HAL does anything for Nintendo any more,as they've been absorbed into Konami. 

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Jumpin said:
freebs2 said:

I don't know who they have hired over these year. I'm just going by the fact that most of the AAA online gaming industry is based in the US. They have an higher chance of attracting skilled online engeneers and designers than in japan. Also since Nintendo announced their online platform is coming later this year they'll want a killer app to sell it, because that's how they usually operate.

Good points, I was hoping you’d have some evidence though as it would REALLY help my Diddy Kong Racing theory =P

If Retro + David Wise + Racing game experience + Monster Games Collaboration + Online functionality came together, that would point more to DKR than DK3D Platformer.

It could be possible David Wise has just been hired for some DK stages for smash. I personally wouldn't mind DKR but i think most of the characters are now owned by Microsoft.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

That would be strange to be honest

Rather they work on something new

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

I don´t think that would make much sense, unless it would be very different from the previuos games.

New ip or metroid prime 4 (I know they said that the same team (mp1-3) is not doing mp4, but it could be a new team of people from the same studio or something like that)

or something weird as in eternal darkness 2 or kid icarus? would be my guess