By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best music track in Xenoblade 2

In Xenoblade 1 the day themes were almost always superior imo, but in 2 I find it's the opposite funnily enough. I specifically change the time to night whenever I'm in Mor Ardain, Argentum, or Tantal as those themes are just way too OP!

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

I know my comment is probably unwanted and maybe even ignorant but honestly, I think I got about halfway through the game(?) and the OST just did not stand out to me that much. At least in the first half of the game. The tracks that are heavy hitters just felt unoriginal, like significantly worse versions of their Xenoblade 1 counterparts, and the ambient tracks were good but pretty much every fantasy game I've played has good ambient music. Obviously the OST has standout tracks and overall it's good, no track is bad, it just wasn't all that.

I'm sure though that when I eventually complete the other half of the game I'll change my mind, but that doesn't really change what the first half of the game has to offer.

I feel a bit similarly in regards to the battle themes, only the very last one that plays for like 5 battles sticks out to me. Also yeah Torigoth theme (the titan not the town) was clearly a Guar plains wannabe.

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
Nautilus said:

There are so many memorable tracks that just mentioning one or another is a sacrilege, but just to join in the fun, I would nominate the theme music of Tantal at day as at night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLkb3LWv0bY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWkz0DF-3g8

Nah, I prefer Argentum Day and Indoline Pretorium Night themes.

Really?At least for Argentum, I felt that track is kind of a generic RPG town music.Tantal is so melodramatic and epic, depending on the time of day.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Bajablo said:

The first track is not what I would call "original" but yes, out of the Xenoblade music i've listened to it's pretty unique for the game. Too bad I don't really like it.

Honestly I don't know how you think Counterattack is unique ... it literally just sounds like Engage the Enemy but with a bunch of generic le epic guitar and orchestra melodies added into the middle(which is far from unique for this game). It is one of the more effective tracks in the game though, so I guess i'll give you that.

Man, this is a rather difficult question. There's quite a number of excellent tracks. The intensity of the Mor Ardain day theme, the cool calm feel of Mor Ardain nights, the strict military vibes of Alba Cavanish, the slow peaceful atmosphere of Uraya both day and night, Torigoth's happy festival feeling theme, the foreign odd dream-like but oddly peaceful Leftherian Archipelago, the peaceful sound of the violin of the Garfront nights, the rocking blood pumping battle theme, I feel I can go on.

I think I've listened to Uraya's night theme, so I think I go with that one.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Whenever this song comes up while driving or working out, and I have to put it on repeat. It's so epic.

The tragedy song. Everytime I hear this song I want to fall to my knees and cry. In a very a dramatic way, mind.

Overall, I'd say this OST rivals the first game, even if I probably liked the first a little more. A lot of tracks felt like they were attempting to imitate the first. Of course, being slightly less amazing than something incredible isn't a bad thing, just means comparing the two puts 2 at a disadvantage.

Thank god for no rap this time though. *cringes visibly*

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network

This is the best song I've ever heard I a game fullstop. It's the day track for The Indoline Praetorium!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYzhsm0qv8c

Last edited by JSG87 - on 02 February 2018

Definitely this one

Especially minute 1:12...so freaking good

Nintendo and PC gamer

As a side, I actually find the Praetorium themes to be the worst...there's something odd of understanding the lyrics.
I know it's weird but for that type of chanting I prefer not knowing what the people are singing, the part it says 'we must never give up' sounds very cliche.

Nintendo and PC gamer

osed125 said:

As a side, I actually find the Praetorium themes to be the worst...there's something odd of understanding the lyrics.
I know it's weird but for that type of chanting I prefer not knowing what the people are singing, the part it says 'we must never give up' sounds very cliche.

I don't know. For me it's like the most beautiful song I've ever heard om a game. The night time version however leaves much to be desired.

Mar1217 said:
JSG87 said:

I don't know. For me it's like the most beautiful song I've ever heard om a game. The night time version however leaves much to be desired.

Burn this man alive !!

Okay okay. It's not that bad but in comparison to the day time version it isn't fantastic.