By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom Gets Overview Trailer. Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Trailer.

Here the new Yakuza 6 PS4-Trailer. Release: April 2018

Yakuza 6: The Song of Life - Clan Creator Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFCmNUzzbGQ

Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom Gets Overview Trailer. Release: March 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyRbKE6PZEE

Last edited by KazumaKiryu - on 11 February 2018

Around the Network

I said as much in the news article, but it looks like a fun new mode.

-edit. You changed the thread and added Ni no Kuni 2. :) Yes, it looks sweet too.

Last edited by COKTOE - on 01 February 2018

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Can't wait for these!

Bristow9091 said:

My body is ready... to play both these games in 2020 when my backlog allows it -.-" Maybe by then Yakuza 2-5 Kiwami editions will be released in the west, lol

I don't think I'd play 3, 4, and 5 again, simply because I tend to take a looooong time to do everything I want to in the Yakuza games, but it would be awesome for fans who have never played them before. Or even for double dippers. Hope that happens. They were really good games.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

SegataSanshiro said:
Can't wait for these!

great games-taste : )

Ni No Kuni 2 and Yakuza 6 in the same month, whoooohoo

COKTOE said:

(....) They were really good games.

That's so nice to Yakuza: An incredible story and wonderful gameplay with lots of mini-games, side missions and variety. I love the atmosphere and characters too.

Bristow9091 said:
COKTOE said:

I don't think I'd play 3, 4, and 5 again, simply because I tend to take a looooong time to do everything I want to in the Yakuza games, but it would be awesome for fans who have never played them before. Or even for double dippers. Hope that happens. They were really good games.

I actually own all three of them, yet I've only completed Yakuza 3, about half of Yakuza 4, and got Yakuza 5 free with Playstation Plus but have yet to even download and start playing it. I also have Yakuza 0 and Kiwami on my shelf, both unopened, lol. 

... I need help :( 

My tip: play Yakuza Zero, it's a masterpiece. And perfect for newcomers. Or start with Yakuza Kiwami ^^ Yakuza 3 is in my opinion the only mediocre part, all others are great to legendary. I played each yakuza part for about 80-135 hours in my life. Yakuza 6 is DAY 1 of course! < 3 My favorite games are Yakuza 2, Zero, 1 and 4.

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
COKTOE said:

I actually own all three of them, yet I've only completed Yakuza 3, about half of Yakuza 4, and got Yakuza 5 free with Playstation Plus but have yet to even download and start playing it. I also have Yakuza 0 and Kiwami on my shelf, both unopened, lol. 

I have all of those too! But am not as far behind as you though. Only Yakuza 0 and Yakuza Kiwami remain unplayed. :)

COKTOE said:
Bristow9091 said:

I have all of those too! But am not as far behind as you though. Only Yakuza 0 and Yakuza Kiwami remain unplayed. :)

Whaaaat !? Both games are so epic. Its time : D Maybe Yakuza Zero will be the best story-part for you :) The Boss-Enemys are crazy, really impressive < 3

Bristow9091 said:

KazumaKiryu said:

My tip: play Yakuza Zero, it's a masterpiece. And perfect for newcomers. Or start with Yakuza Kiwami ^^ Yakuza 3 is in my opinion the only mediocre part, all others are great to legendary. I played each yakuza part for about 80-135 hours in my life. Yakuza 6 is DAY 1 of course! < 3 My favorite games are Yakuza 2, Zero, 1 and 4.

Yeah, from what I've been told and read on the ol' internet, Yakuza 3 is the "worst" game in the series, yet from what I remember, I actually really enjoyed it, especially once you rock up in Kamurocho, that's where it really picked up, lol. 

See, I'm not really sure where I want to start, I mean, if SEGA actually comes out and says "Look, we're definitely doing a 3-5 collection on PS4" or something, and it releases in the west, along with Kiwami 2 (Have we even had a western confirmation yet?), then I'll hold off for a while and eventually start with Yakuza 0 and make my way through that way, but until that, I'm sort of hesitant about starting right from the beginning, and might pick up Yakuza 4 again and finally finish it, then move onto Yakuza 5 (Both on PS3 of course), AND THEN go to Yakuza 0 and Kiwami... and then Yakuza 6. It's a weird train of thought, but basically I just don't know if I want to play them in numbered order, or release order (3, 4, 5, 0, Kiwami, 6) since if I play them in numbered order, the gameplay will go from being great with 0 and Kiwami to worse with 3-5, to great again with 6, whereas if I do release order, the gameplay will get better and better with each one I play, lol. 

... Confusing, right? :P 

I understand your thoughts, even if it is a little big confusing: D
You already have the predecessors at home, right? Maybe you buy something delicious to eat (order pizza ^ ^), make yourself a nice evening at weekend and just put a new part in the console. Just press play and have fun:) The rest comes automatically :) Start with Yakuza Zero or a later PS3 part. I think that would be best ^^ PS: My prediction: Yakuza Kiwami 2 is coming in the last 2018-quarter or early 2019 in the west.

Bristow9091 said:

KazumaKiryu said:

Yeah, from what I've been told and read on the ol' internet, Yakuza 3 is the "worst" game in the series, yet from what I remember, I actually really enjoyed it, especially once you rock up in Kamurocho, that's where it really picked up, lol. 

See, I'm not really sure where I want to start, I mean, if SEGA actually comes out and says "Look, we're definitely doing a 3-5 collection on PS4" or something, and it releases in the west, along with Kiwami 2 (Have we even had a western confirmation yet?), then I'll hold off for a while and eventually start with Yakuza 0 and make my way through that way, but until that, I'm sort of hesitant about starting right from the beginning, and might pick up Yakuza 4 again and finally finish it, then move onto Yakuza 5 (Both on PS3 of course), AND THEN go to Yakuza 0 and Kiwami... and then Yakuza 6. It's a weird train of thought, but basically I just don't know if I want to play them in numbered order, or release order (3, 4, 5, 0, Kiwami, 6) since if I play them in numbered order, the gameplay will go from being great with 0 and Kiwami to worse with 3-5, to great again with 6, whereas if I do release order, the gameplay will get better and better with each one I play, lol. 

How long does it take you to finish them? Because even with 3 and 4 I spent over 100 hours with them. I think you could go back to Yakuza 0 and Kiwami , then wait for Kiwami 2, because it's probably coming, that will buy you plenty of time for news of the potential release of Kiwami 4 and 5, ( or 3 if you want to replay it ). Plus you can fill in the gap with other stuff. I love Yakuza, but wouldn't want to play them all back to back. :) Anyways, hope that made sense, I'm way tired, and it's pat my bed time.

KazumaKiryu said:
COKTOE said:

Whaaaat !? Both games are so epic. Its time : D Maybe Yakuza Zero will be the best story-part for you :) The Boss-Enemys are crazy, really impressive < 3

Bristow9091 said:

I understand your thoughts, even if it is a little big confusing: D
You already have the predecessors at home, right? Maybe you buy something delicious to eat (order pizza ^ ^), make yourself a nice evening at weekend and just put a new part in the console. Just press play and have fun:) The rest comes automatically :) Start with Yakuza Zero or a later PS3 part. I think that would be best ^^ PS: My prediction: Yakuza Kiwami 2 is coming in the last 2018-quarter or early 2019 in the west.

I'm sure I'l love it. I just haven't had much time with my PS4 because I haven't been home much. I'm on the Vita mostly these days.

I have the Wizards edition of Ni No Kuni 1 but never finished the game as the battle system was not built to be for grinding out levels but they made the game grind heavy. Took me out of it. Now seems they went an action route so that even if I have to grind for levels it should not be a big deal. Didn't get the SE this time.  Just the standard. I love it when RPGs let me rebuild a town. Skies of Arcadia with your home base and Colony 6 in Xenoblade and camp in Ys VIII plus more. I love watching my city or camp grow. The work can be tedious but always worth it.  Yakuza 6 visually is truly stunning. I know this sounds silly in this day and age but I always get a little giddy when a game lets me walk into a building and back outside with no loading screen. Blew me away in 3D games of the 90s. I still get happy (Botw esp for your house).

I can't wait for Kiwami 2 and I really hope they just do at the very least simple remasters of 3-5 on PS4 in the west. Now if we get Every Yakuza on PS4 and a Shenmue HD collection plus Shenmue III, Yakuza and Shenmue will finally share a console. Both fans can be happy. I love both! That's pretty nuts!