By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Japan by Years end: Splatoon2 2.21mil and SMO 1.76mil (ship+digita). Other Numbers...

Luke888 said:
forest-spirit said:

I had to ask because 260k for Xenoblade 2 sounds a bit too good.

the game has been sold out at many retailers since launch, this means the game got a larger ammount of digital purchases than usual

I expected digital sales to be big, just not that big! Retail sales at the end of December were 160-170k I believe. Add to that stock issues and you get some rather high digital sales.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:

Switch:

Super Mario Odyssey = 1.760.000
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe = 1.380.000
Splatoon 2 = 2.210.000
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild = 510.000 (note this excludes March '17)
ARMS = 400.000
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 = 260.000

3DS:

Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon = 2.370.000
Mario Kart 7 = 140.000 (only from Apr '17-Dec '17)
New Super Mario Bros. 2 = 50.000 (only from Apr '17-Dec '17)

I was going to do a prediction thread on Pokemon Switch on it outselling Gold/Silver but Tbone is the only one permitted to do so as a result I'm tagging him to do a crazy bold prediction for the game.

Wyrdness said:

I was going to do a prediction thread on Pokemon Switch on it outselling Gold/Silver but Tbone is the only one permitted to do so as a result I'm tagging him to do a crazy bold prediction for the game.

Pffft, needs to be bolder. outselling red/blue or nothing.

Barkley said:
Wyrdness said:

Fine then but I'm pegging you in the prediction as well.

Wyrdness said:
Barkley said:

You can't do that, making fun of tbones predictions before they come true is what I live for.

Around the Network
Barkley said:
Wyrdness said:

You can't do that, making fun of tbones predictions before they come true is what I live for.

Well too bad you're on this train now in first class as well and the's no getting off until it comes true or crows are served.

tbone51 said:

3DS:

Mario Kart 7 = 140.000 (only from Apr '17-Dec '17)
New Super Mario Bros. 2 = 50.000 (only from Apr '17-Dec '17)

Are these games bundled with 2DS in Japan like the U.S?

tbone51 said:
wombat123 said:
I'm hoping Xenoblade 2 can somehow break 500k in Japan by the end of the Switch's lifespan.

It wont, it be good to hit 300k

It definelly has a chance.XC 2 already passed, better to say it ran over, the series best selling entry in Japan, which is around 200k, in only one month.In January for its entirety the game has been out of stock.

This year it will easily sell another 150k, counting digital in of course.500k should be doable, and probably will happen.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1