By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch has sold-in (shipped) 14.86 million, 3DS 72 million, Nintendo's FY 2017 Nine Months Earnings

tbone51 said:

Rex coming to smash

Sakurai beat the game and had alot of positive things to say

Bring Mythra to Smash and I’ll buy 7 copies.

Maybe without the 3DS holding it back, they’ll both be there in an Ice Climbers type setup.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network

So it really is Sold-through. Wow.
So Switch is officially the best selling console of all time on it's first year launch period. Don't @ me with your "but it came out in march it doesn't count". Well the 2 other best selling consoles on the same period came out in Fall. Wii and PS4 had more shipments for Fall its not like they were launched not thinking about the holidays.

On top of that, Switch is still not out in China and some other regions and it is still having some stock issues in NA and heavy stock issues in Japan.

Once it reached its real baseline, it will be major. Keep in mind there was no deal or big bundle yet and major system sellers are still not here. Revision could also happen.

100+ millions is almost a given at this point.

xMetroid said:
So it really is Sold-through. Wow.

Wait this thread is so confusing. Anyway, if it's 14.87 its probably close to 14 sold. Which will beast the record anyway

Signalstar said:
Should eventually pass the PS4 if it keeps up the pace.

That would need a tremendous amount of good every increasing sales and a big amount of tripple a games.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Around the Network
xMetroid said:
Wait this thread is so confusing. Anyway, if it's 14.87 its probably close to 14 sold. Which will beast the record anyway

Yup, it's got the pace. Now it needs longevity.

xMetroid said:

I have no idea how this thread got so confusing, it is 100%, all of the time, always shipped in these quarterly reports.

I just dont get how this argument happens between people every single time.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:

I just dont get how this argument happens between people every single time.

Hype, they want it to be true, so they decide it is.

Whereas the people saying it is shipped get responses such as:

"And we’re supposed to take your uneducated biased guess as opposed to actual figures from Nintendo?"

xD

Imagine if the Switch goes this route

Wii U outsold in 2017
GC and N64 outsold in 2018
SNES outsold in 2019
Nes outsold in 2020
3DS and possibly GBA outsold in 2021

Last edited by Wyrdness - on 31 January 2018

Wyrdness said:
Imagine if the Switch goes this route

Wii U outsold in 2017
GC and N64 outsold in 2018
N64 and SNES outsold in 2019
Nes outsold in 2020
3DS and possibly GBA outsold in 2021

I think that's all doable. N64 in 2018 would be the hardest.