By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Star Wars: Battlefront 2 Underperforms, Microtransactions Coming Back

poklane said:
arcaneguyver said:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/correction-star-wars-battlefront-ii-sold-in-over-7-million-units-not-9.20104/

EA wanted 8m in sales, shipped 9m, ended up with 7m in sales (5m physical). So there's about 4m physical copies just sitting on the shelves right now. BF1 at this point sold 13m (11m physical).

Edit: Ninjaed.

Where are you getting all those numbers from? All that says is that EA expected to ship 8 million units, and they fell short by less than 1 million units (so they shipped somewhere about 7mil)

Go to my comment and hit the hyperlink which leads to EA's earning call. CTRL + F some of the quote and it should directly take you to the numbers.

Around the Network
Aura7541 said:
poklane said:

Where are you getting all those numbers from? All that says is that EA expected to ship 8 million units, and they fell short by less than 1 million units (so they shipped somewhere about 7mil)

Go to my comment and hit the hyperlink which leads to EA's earning call. CTRL + F some of the quote and it should directly take you to the numbers.

All I'm seeing EA say is that they wanted to sell-in (ship) 8 million copies, they came short within 1mil (so somewhere above 7mil) and that 28% of console sales were digital. I'm not seeing anything regarding actual sell-through numbers like arcaneguyver is saying.