By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Apple is bringing their overseas money back to the US (350B$ investments)

setsunatenshi said:
Aeolus451 said:

Nice to someone who's left leaning or a centrist who's reasonable about this.

That's only telling half of the story though. It's not really important what's the corporate tax rate when after using every single loophole the effective tax rate gets to near single digits.

Another perspective is, if you're on the working class, you are paying higher taxes than the richest corporations the world has ever seen.

How's that for reasonability?

What are you talking about? The us corporate tax is now comparable to europe and there's less loop holes. You can try to color it in a negative light all you want but the truth is this is good for everybody. Democrats won't change it back at least for awile. They'll have sneak it little at a time. People have realized that it's not some evil tax bill that democrats tried to paint it as. 👹👻💀 I get to keep more of my money, get a raise and I get a bonus too? Oh I completely get why the republicans are evil now.......

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
setsunatenshi said:

That's only telling half of the story though. It's not really important what's the corporate tax rate when after using every single loophole the effective tax rate gets to near single digits.

Another perspective is, if you're on the working class, you are paying higher taxes than the richest corporations the world has ever seen.

How's that for reasonability?

What are you talking about? The us corporate tax is now comparable to europe and there's less loop holes. You can try to color it in a negative light all you want but the truth is this is good for everybody. Democrats won't change it back at least for awile. They'll have sneak it little at a time. People have realized that it's not some evil tax bill that democrats tried to paint it as. 👹👻💀 I get to keep more of my money, get a raise and I get a bonus too? Oh I completely get why the republicans are evil now.......

That is just incorrect from a factual standpoint.

But what i'm trying to understand is how exactly is it "good for everybody" that the CORPORTATE TAX RATE gets slashed in such a radical way with no loopholes being closed to offset the revenue lost?

I can see the argument that it's really good for the CEO's and big shareholders of these companies when they give out dividends, but for the 99.9(9)% of the population that will have to pick up the bill, that is good as well?

It's absolutely staggering how a huge percentage of the people get tricked to vote against their own interests over and over again.

"I get to keep more of my money" :D

You're being robbed blind and celebrating it.

setsunatenshi said:
Aeolus451 said:

But what i'm trying to understand is how exactly is it "good for everybody" that the CORPORTATE TAX RATE gets slashed in such a radical way with no loopholes being closed to offset the revenue lost?

I can see the argument that it's really good for the CEO's and big shareholders of these companies when they give out dividends, but for the 99.9(9)% of the population that will have to pick up the bill, that is good as well?

It's absolutely staggering how a huge percentage of the people get tricked to vote against their own interests over and over again.

Uh huh. Believe what you want. No point in bothering with ya.

Aeolus451 said:
setsunatenshi said:

Uh huh. Believe what you want. No point in bothering with ya.

right back at ya