By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
DMeisterJ said:
You probably shouldn't buy consoles second-hand in the future. As you won't be able to prove original purchase date, etc.

I don't like second-hand consoles too, but Nintendo and Microsoft (and all other electronics manufacturers for that matter) don't use receipts for repairs, but serial numbers. I guess Sony likes its costumers angry and frustrated.

I will try the system restore option (first making some backups) and if that doesn't work, I'll call Sony. Who knows, maybe they'll repair it for free after all...

Around the Network

Ok, so I wrote down the error code and it the same problem as this thread: http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=23448

somehow i do hear alot of reading errors

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Chrizum said:

I don't like second-hand consoles too, but Nintendo and Microsoft (and all other electronics manufacturers for that matter) don't use receipts for repairs, but serial numbers. I guess Sony likes its costumers angry and frustrated.

I will try the system restore option (first making some backups) and if that doesn't work, I'll call Sony. Who knows, maybe they'll repair it for free after all...

Why have you not already called Sony? They might not need a receipt. 

Chrizum said:
DMeisterJ said:
You probably shouldn't buy consoles second-hand in the future. As you won't be able to prove original purchase date, etc.

I still don't get this thread. 

You bought something, second-hand, and you expect the manufacturer to replace/fix it, for free, when god only knows what the first owner of the system did to it.  

Maybe you shouldn't have tried to be frugal and bought a new one.  

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
Chrizum said:
DMeisterJ said:

You bought something, second-hand, and you expect the manufacturer to replace/fix it, for free, when god only knows what the first owner of the system did to it.

Can't you read? ALL companies don't give a rat's ass about receipts, it's the serial code that counts. I didn't know Sony was so anal about receipts.

I don't think Sony can dismiss their responsibility just because you don't have a receipt, although I would just claim it has been a present to make sure. Anyway, under Dutch law their products should keep working for a reasonable time, and for a console I don't think 1 year or even less is reasonable.

Chrizum said:
DMeisterJ said:
Chrizum said:
DMeisterJ said:

Can't you read? ALL companies don't give a rat's ass about receipts, it's the serial code that counts. I didn't know Sony was so anal about receipts.

You still don't know. You should try ringing them, people's advice on forums isn't right quite a lot of the time. 

Chrizum said:
DMeisterJ said:
Chrizum said:
DMeisterJ said:

besides how many people here would buy my used 60 gig launch PS3 over a new 40 gig balless one???

I hear a lot of people want the original with the emotion chip set!

obviously you probably got a good deal used so if they do charge to fix it it would probably run around $149.95 just call and let us know!

Yeah, just call up a service rep and see what they have to say.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson