By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GOD OF WAR 16 min of gameplay

Hynad said:
CartBlanche said:
Wow the kid is annoying. And the constant "Yes sir" just comes across as pathetic. A child can still be respectful without resorting to calling someone sir. Just as they can call you sir and be disrespectfu at the same time. It's 2018 sir isn't needed anywhere. We aren't uneducated serfs.

It's not 2018 in the game's setting. 

I totally agree with you. The comments are not congruent with that era and he speaks FAR too often. But don't be disheartened! Cory Barlog has already made that observation himself so I'd assume a lot will be cut. I just hope he can also replace the language the kid uses with something less 'American' and more neutral. Game Of Thrones understood this perfectly. Lines like 'take that' and 'see ya!' (God, I can't believe these stupid mistakes) need to be completely removed. I would also suggest replacing 'mom' with 'mother'. 

Last edited by GribbleGrunger - on 16 January 2018

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Fucking hell, some people are so pedantic it's sickening. The game is being released in 2018 so doesn't it make sense to use modern language which is more compatible & relatable to its core audience than to strictly adhere to what's historically or regionally accurate for the sake of 'authenticity' which doesn't even matter. In other words, get over it.

JustThatGamer said:
Fucking hell, some people are so pedantic it's sickening. The game is being released in 2018 so doesn't it make sense to use modern language which is more compatible & relatable to its core audience than to strictly adhere to what's historically or regionally accurate for the sake of 'authenticity' which doesn't even matter. In other words, get over it.

'Sure thing, dude,' says Kratos.

The PS5 Exists. 

JustThatGamer said:

Fucking hell, tell that to the ones complaining. 

In other words, tell them to get over it.

JustThatGamer said:

You must REALLY hate Naughty Dog games for paying attention to all the little details they put in al their games.

You just want the game any old how!! Some of us have standards :p

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:

I totally agree with you. The comments are not congruent with that era and he speaks FAR too often. But don't be disheartened! Cory Barlog has already made that observation himself so I'd assume a lot will be cut. I just hope he can also replace the language the kid uses with something less 'American' and more neutral. Game Of Thrones understood this perfectly. Lines like 'take that' and 'see ya!' (God, I can't believe these stupid mistakes) need to be completely removed. I would also suggest replacing 'mom' with 'mother'. 

This ^^ is basically what I'm asking for. Why is that too much to ask from a AAA studio and game??

As mentioned earlier, I'm happy for them to us mor and far to keep within the Nordic universe and to add extra authenticity to the boy respect for this parents.

Right now this kid is coming off like a younger version of that kid from Scalebound. That was excruciating to watch and a good thing Microsoft cancelled it. Though the idea was solid, so maybe some tweaking of the that teenage character would have worked and made him more likeable.

JustThatGamer said:

I can’t wait for Kratos saying „Yo bro“ the first time he meets the world serpent.

Somebody took all the vids of the game so far and rolled them into a 16 mins vid. This is click bait trash, ZERO new footage.

CartBlanche said:

This ^^ is basically what I'm asking for. Why is that too much to ask from a AAA studio and game??

As mentioned earlier, I'm happy for them to us mor and far to keep within the Nordic universe and to add extra authenticity to the boy respect for this parents.

Right now this kid is coming off like a younger version of that kid from Scalebound. That was excruciating to watch and a good thing Microsoft cancelled it. Though the idea was solid, so maybe some tweaking of the that teenage character would have worked and made him more likeable.

Yeah, it's not rocket science. I understood immediately what you meant because while I was watching this new clip I started to worry. You don't have to use old English or a translation of the 'actual' language used from that era, just a 'flavour' of it or at least something that feels at home there. 'Mom', 'Take that' and 'see ya' are so out of touch with the scenes and time that it makes it amusing (and so disheartening) to watch. Perhaps blood and gore are all some people appreciate in their literature, movies or games, but I require a slightly higher standard. 

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
CartBlanche said:

Yeah, it's not rocket science. I understood immediately what you meant because while I was watching this new clip I started to worry. You don't have to use old English or a translation of the 'actual' language used from that era, just a 'flavour' of it or at least something that feels at home there. 'Mom', 'Take that' and 'see ya' are so out of touch with the scenes and time that it makes it amusing (and so disheartening) to watch. Perhaps blood and gore are all some people appreciate in their literature, movies or games, but I require a slightly higher standard. 

An annoyingly high pitched American accent really is a questionable choice. I totally get your Scalebound reference. If it plays in the north/Scandinavia give it a norse, or scottish accent. Even British would be ok. And don't let it use modern kids language please, that's immersion breaking to the max.
I'm sure they've heard the complaints. Let's hope they'll somehow fix it.