By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If you like Dark Souls and are a multiconsole owner with a Switch, portability or 60fps?

Don't Dark Souls games can make people angry at the difficulty? Not sure playing it portability is the best idea lol *rage throw xD

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
It cost $39.99 on ps4, xbox, pc, and switch.

now here is the thing. if you buy it for switch you're paying full price for lower performance compared to the others. IJS, it should probably be cheaper.

And if you buy it for PS4, XBO or PC than you are paying full price and are limited to when/where you can play compared to Switch so they should probably be cheaper.

I dont actually believe this, just trying to show thats its a flawed comparison. There are pros and cons to any device you buy it on, just depends on what suits the individuals preferences.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
deskpro2k3 said:
It cost $39.99 on ps4, xbox, pc, and switch.

now here is the thing. if you buy it for switch you're paying full price for lower performance compared to the others. IJS, it should probably be cheaper.

And if you buy it for PS4, XBO or PC than you are paying full price and are limited to when/where you can play compared to Switch so they should probably be cheaper.

I dont actually believe this, just trying to show thats its a flawed comparison. There are pros and cons to any device you buy it on, just depends on what suits the individuals preferences.

Now here is where you're wrong. Like I said before, there are PS4/PS3/Vita games. The portable version is cheaper.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

It‘s cute how people say: I‘ll play it on PS4 cause I Need that 60fps. Come on guys: Darks Souls 3, Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, Horizon Zero Dawn... all ran in 30 fps. And it does not really matter. Yes I can absolutely feel the difference, but after 10 minutes in the game that feeling is gone.

Both.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network

Quite excited for the Switch version. There's multiplats that I I really prefer the best hardware for (which at this point is the Xbox 1 X for me), but I like the idea of playing Dark Souls on both the TV and in the hand. A year ago I would have held a different opinion, but my experience playing the Switch in handheld mode has completely converted me lol

At this point it almost feels constricting when I can only play a game on the TV. I really enjoyed Doom, and I have no doubt 30fps will look great in the hand.

Frankly, I'm still waiting for proof that the Switch can manage a locked 30fps and the PS4 Pro can manage locked 60fps with anything resembling "4k". That's quite demanding for both (heck, I think it's probably demanding for the Xbox 1 X).

*Edit* The lack of achievements or trophies is the only real disappointing thing about a Switch version for me, but it's not enough to change my mind.

Depends on the quality of the port.

If it's native 720p with a constant 30 fps and improved textures in HH mode then I'd say the Switch version. If it's just a port from last gen then I'd just skip it.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

deskpro2k3 said:
zorg1000 said:

Now here is where you're wrong. Like I said before, there are PS4/PS3/Vita games. The portable version is cheaper.

Enjoy playing Dark Souls on your Vita then. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

deskpro2k3 said:
sc94597 said:

And if I get more utility from the game being portable? By your logic, developers should start charging for PS4 Pro/ XBX performance/visual enhancements in their games. PC versions of games should cost more too. 

hey man, I'm not stopping you if you're comfortable forking over full price for games with lower performance.

for comparison there are games for PS4, PS3 and Vita. Vita versions are usually the cheapest. IJS.

edit: even Persona 5 on PS3 is cheaper than the PS4 version.

You seem a touch passive-aggressive lol

The performance is "lower" while on the TV, but infinitely superior while in the hand or on the go. There's absolutely no reason they should charge less.

Do you think the PS4 ought to charge less now that the Xbox 1 X is out? People have different priorities when selecting multiplats, and by my estimation the versatility of the experience more than justifies the full price.

They will charge what they think people will pay, and a significant portion of Switch owners clearly value the portability of games.

deskpro2k3 said:
zorg1000 said:

Should XBO games cost less than PS4 games when they perform worse?

Should PS4 games cost less than PC games when they perform worse?

Your logic is flawed.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.