By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - That Nintendo polish ! - Kirby Star Allies

Great

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network

It looks really great. Even though the gameplay wasn't my favorite, the claymation graphics of Rainbow Curse on Wii U were really fantastic stuff.

But I would really love, in the future, to see them make an HD 2D Kirby game for Switch. I would absolutely love to see how good Kirby could look with HD sprites, super colorful, etc.

I think that's one of the biggest upgrades I've seen, at least in such a short period of time. Quite amazing.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Don't get me hyped for a Kirby game, damn you!

Mar1217 said:
Cerebralbore101 said:
Don't get me hyped for a Kirby game, damn you!

Our bodies are Reggie,man !

Kirby games have a pretty good shot at being good. Polish like this means Star Allies might just fall into the Epic Yarn, Robobot, and Canvas Curse range of goodness. 

WII Kirby's Epic Yarn
Good-Feel/Nintendo, 2010
88.48%
46 Reviews
DS Kirby: Canvas Curse
HAL Labs/Nintendo, 2005
87.34%
61 Reviews
DS Kirby: Mass Attack
HAL Labs/Nintendo, 2011
84.36%
28 Reviews
3DS Kirby: Planet Robobot
HAL Labs/Nintendo, 2016
83.62%
42 Reviews
GBC Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble
HAL Labs/Nintendo, 2001
82.60%
11 Reviews
3DS Kirby: Triple Deluxe
HAL Labs/Nintendo, 2014
80.62%
47 Reviews
WII Kirby's Return to Dream Land
HAL Labs/Nintendo, 2011
80.50%
34 Reviews
GBA Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land
HAL Labs/Nintendo, 2002
79.74%
29 Reviews
DS Kirby Super Star Ultra
HAL Labs/Nintendo, 2008
79.50%
32 Reviews
GBA Kirby & the Amazing Mirror
Flagship/Nintendo, 2004
77.54%
25 Reviews
WIIU Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
HAL Labs/Nintendo, 2015
74.97%
50 Reviews
N64 Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
HAL Labs/Nintendo, 2000
74.49%
25 Reviews
DS Kirby: Squeak Squad
HAL Labs/Nintendo, 2006
72.24%
34 Reviews
GC Kirby: Air Ride
HAL Labs/Nintendo, 2003
65.58%
38 Reviews

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:

The day critics will accept the difficulty in a Kirby game will be the day it'll get that 90 + spot :)

Some sort of new game+ hard mode should do that. 

Mar1217 said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Some sort of new game+ hard mode should do that. 

The True Arena isn't tough enough already ?

It is, but I think reviewers want a hard mode, that lasts the entire game. Kirby games are fun, but they tend to be a cakewalk. 

At least, I wasn't all that excited for another Kirby game, but it is looking good, and if I can get my friend in on this that would be great. The extra shine and polish is looking good indeed.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Wow, a lot of people over in the 2018 Metascore Prediction Thread are saying Kirby will get 82-90. I put my prediction at 79 in order to hedge my bets. I can see it going either above or below that number by 4-7 points.

I really like Nintendo's design philosophy of gameplay first, graphics second, for one obviously gameplay is most important and should be prioritized, but also it means we don't have to deal with the disappointment when a final product's visuals are downgraded.

As for Star Allies itself, game looks amazing! This is probably the most hype I've been for a Kirby game since Amazing Mirror! I do have a couple worries though, like where is mah Archer ability!? Water will probably become my new favorite regardless, but I'd still greatly miss Archer. Also, the AI, since I sure wont be playing this with anyone lel. That awesome Water-Ice combo that I plan to fully take advantage looks to require input from both players to pull off. I'm hoping it wont be a struggle to use like moving the heavy stone blocks in Amazing Mirror could be.