By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTAIV DLC Vs Exclusive Bundle,which one will do better?

The DLC won't come out for awhile, and if the box says something like "EXCLUSIVE DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT" on the 360 version, a lot of people might not even know what that means, and the word of mouth effect about it won't take place until it actually hits XBLA.

Thus, I have to say the bundle will help more.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

SpartanFX,

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/04/10/metal-gear-solid-4-guns-of-the-patriots-%e2%80%93-product-details-revealed/#more-467

At the end,

""Check back here on the PS Blog next Monday, April 14th 2008, as we have a very special surprise in store for you! See you next Monday!""

==> Resistance2 trailer ? FALSE
released tomorrow on gametrailer
==> GTA4 bundle coming to NA ? Wait and See

Note : Somewhere, I still expect a Xbox360 bundle. It is just strange that there is still nothing about it.

EDIT : the guy saying this on the PS blog is from Konami so I doubt the 14th april news will be about GTA4 ...

Time to Work !

GTA4 Game on x360 cost... 170$!
GAme - 60$.
Online - 50$.
2DLC - 2x30$(if it cost less, then it`s not worth).
Total: 170$. EnjoY "nextgen" gaming. LoL.

Oh, sh1t, don`t forget RROD $. =)))

And also add a cost of Console. =) in USA it`s like 350$.
So, 520$ for getting so named Full experience from GTA4.

Now, PS3 version for 399$ for getting experience from GTA4 without DLC. Well, another 120$ you can spend on 2 games, like MGS4 and FFXIII or GT5. =))

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

libellule said:

SpartanFX,

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/04/10/metal-gear-solid-4-guns-of-the-patriots-%e2%80%93-product-details-revealed/#more-467

At the end,

""Check back here on the PS Blog next Monday, April 14th 2008, as we have a very special surprise in store for you! See you next Monday!""

==> Resistance2 trailer ? FALSE
released tomorrow on gametrailer
==> GTA4 bundle coming to NA ? Wait and See

Note : Somewhere, I still expect a Xbox360 bundle. It is just strange that there is still nothing about it.

EDIT : the guy saying this on the PS blog is from Konami so I doubt the 14th april news will be about GTA4 ...

I also think MS will have its own bundle,,,

Can R* tell MS not to bundle their games due to a contract with sony?

I honestly don't know how this type of contracts work.

Whether the bundle or the DLC will help more is tough to tell since we don't know how they would have sold otherwise. But I can say for sure that the 360 version will sell a lot more copies. Right now the preorders(NA only I think) have a ratio of 11:6 in favor of the 360. I think that is pretty damn good for Microsoft considering everyone who claims the public thinks of the game as a playstation exclusive game.

@ CrazzyMan

Do you know if you actually have to pay for the DLC? I thought you just had to have XBL to download it for free. Anybody know for sure?

^Guy pissing on Microsoft Sign

UBISOFT BOYCOTT

Around the Network

""Right now the preorders(NA only I think) have a ratio of 11:6 in favor of the 360. ""

==> any link man ,??
where did u get these numbers ?

and 11:6 is still good for the PS3
remember the console ratio is 11.5/4.5 for the PS3

Time to Work !

Nintendo Zealot said:
Whether the bundle or the DLC will help more is tough to tell since we don't know how they would have sold otherwise. But I can say for sure that the 360 version will sell a lot more copies. Right now the preorders(NA only I think) have a ratio of 11:6 in favor of the 360. I think that is pretty damn good for Microsoft considering everyone who claims the public thinks of the game as a playstation exclusive game.

@ CrazzyMan

Do you know if you actually have to pay for the DLC? I thought you just had to have XBL to download it for free. Anybody know for sure?

Um, what? You do realize you have to pay for almost all download content on XBL. Hell, the makers of Geometry Wars wanted it to be free, but Microsoft wouldn't let them. Epic Games wanted the Gears of War map pack to be free, but Microsoft wouldn't let them. I really doubt Microsoft dished out $50 million just to give you guys some nice free bonus DLC.

Nintendo Zealot said:

@ CrazzyMan

I hope you realise that you are talking about microsoft,,,,"nothing is free" should be Microsoft's new solgan

And you also know that Xbox live will be used for more than Just DLC for that one game, and the 360 will also be used for more than just that one game right, crazzy man? So saying 520 for GTAIV on 360 is pretty frikkin stupid.

My copy of Mario Galaxy cost a metric assload once you count the wii, TV, entertainment center, house, you know things I use for stuff other than playing SMG. Such a stupid argument.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

The_vagabond7 said:
And you also know that Xbox live will be used for more than Just DLC for that one game, and the 360 will also be used for more than just that one game right, crazzy man? So saying 520 for GTAIV on 360 is pretty frikkin stupid.

My copy of Mario Galaxy cost a metric assload once you count the wii, TV, entertainment center, house, you know things I use for stuff other than playing SMG. Such a stupid argument.

Also, assuming you only get GTA4 for the singleplayer, I think you can download the DLC without having an XBox Live Gold account.  Either way, it was a pretty dumb comparison.  He totally forgot to include $100 for the wifi adapter .