By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best Collection of Boss Fights?

Tagged games:

Which game has the best boss fights?

A Metal Gear game 3 17.65%

A God of War game 2 11.76%

A Zelda game 3 17.65%

A Metroid game 1 5.88%

A Ninja Gaiden game 0 0%

A Souls game 2 11.76%

A Devil May Cry game 0 0%

Shadow of the Colossus 2 11.76%

Something else! 4 23.53%

See results 0 0%

Total:17
vivster said:

I never really cared about bosses, it's all about the journey. I know it's definitely not God of War 3.

So I'm gonna say Furi.

I haven't played that, but will check it out!

Around the Network
drbunnig said:
I'm quite partial to 2D games in this regard myself. Sonic, Castlevania, Yoshi, Donkey Kong Country... all have great bosses.

Think I'll opt for Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door though. Many memorable characters, and great fun to fight them.

Oh yeah, good call. Castlevania and DKC have some excellent bosses.

I'd say Death from Castlevania is up there as one of best recurring bosses.

I think the first Kingdom Hearts has excellent bosses. I can't think of one that is actually bad or even mediocre. Well, except for Rock Titan. That thing is the most disappointing boss I've ever faced xD

The World Ends With You also has very memorable boss fights. Shovel Knight and Cuphead also come to mind.

Ys was my gut reaction response. After that, I think of FF, Souls, and God of War as having fantastic boss fights.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Ys was my gut reaction response. After that, I think of FF, Souls, and God of War as having fantastic boss fights.

Oh Ys is a great choice!

Around the Network

I know this is all opinion, but I don't know how Souls isn't dominating. My mind immediately went there as the obvious answer.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Mgs3 probably takes it for me as well. Though I must say god of war 2 and 3 are right up there and ascension has my favorite final boss of the series.

The Hercules battle in god of war 3 is probably my favorite all time, but mgs3 has the diversity without getting too gimmicky like the psycho mantis controller switching. It’s all just different strategies with elements you know from the game already. The end is awesome for the strategy and patience and the boss requires some crazy moves too along with making you pull the trigger at the end for the emotional gut punch. Can’t forget volgin either. That mother fucker just wouldn’t die! I remember crying out when he got out of the shagohod and powered it up “OH COME ON!” But man it made it satisfying when he finally died

I am Iron Man

vivster said:

I never really cared about bosses, it's all about the journey. I know it's definitely not God of War 3.

So I'm gonna say Furi.

Why would you say god of war 3 specifically?  

I am Iron Man

MGS1.

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
Mgs3 probably takes it for me as well. Though I must say god of war 2 and 3 are right up there and ascension has my favorite final boss of the series.

The Hercules battle in god of war 3 is probably my favorite all time, but mgs3 has the diversity without getting too gimmicky like the psycho mantis controller switching. It’s all just different strategies with elements you know from the game already. The end is awesome for the strategy and patience and the boss requires some crazy moves too along with making you pull the trigger at the end for the emotional gut punch. Can’t forget volgin either. That mother fucker just wouldn’t die! I remember crying out when he got out of the shagohod and powered it up “OH COME ON!” But man it made it satisfying when he finally died

God of War II is definitely up there for me also.

Agreed on all the MGS3 stuff, too. Each battle focuses on its own strategies, mechanics, and themes -- I love that :)