By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Witcher 3 Blood and Wine on Xbox One X Analysis!

Digital Foundry goes 1v1 with Blood and Wine and I must say it looks amazing on the X.  Digital Foundry says the use of HDR makes everything look better and  more natural and this is how The Witcher 3 should have always looked! 

So please silence your cell phones and hold your applause until the end of the show.

View on YouTube

Last edited by Vasto - on 07 January 2018

Around the Network

Great Stuff, HDR really makes the game even better and the Xbox one X once again is the best place to play third party games with the best resolution and overall settings.

Good to know that HDR will also be added for PS4 owners ofcource!

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Slowly getting convinced to transition to HDR displays. Just need the standard to be, well. More standard first.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
Slowly getting convinced to transition to HDR displays. Just need the standard to be, well. More standard first.

Looking at all these videos and not being able to see the HDR is making me really want one. I have to get one soon.

Vasto said:
Pemalite said:

Looking at all these videos and not being able to see the HDR is making me really want one. I have to get one soon.

I can see HDR on my phone which has a 5.7" 1440P HDR display... And the difference can be a significant step up from my 32" 1440P, IPS 8-bit display depending on the content in question.
Some content which do not have such large differences in light/dark tones tend not to have as much of a dramatic improvement.

Just waiting for display tech to catch up mostly before I transition my monitors and tv's over.

Around the Network

Looks amazing, I can't wait to try it after I'm done with the main campaign.

So many games with the upgrade on Xbox One X.
I want to play this but first I have to play Halo 5. But I can't play Halo 5 until I finish Halo MCC (hopefully tomorrow). And I want to play Gears 4 again--but not until I finish Gears 2 (on the last level) and I complete a playthrough of Gears 3.

Long story short, I've never been more excited to play games I've already owned for over a year than o am right now.

Pemalite said:

I'd love me a 1440p 144hz HDR model sometime. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
Pemalite said:

I'd love me a 1440p 144hz HDR model sometime. 

I would even settle for 120hz. :)

d21lewis said:
So many games with the upgrade on Xbox One X.
I want to play this but first I have to play Halo 5. But I can't play Halo 5 until I finish Halo MCC (hopefully tomorrow). And I want to play Gears 4 again--but not until I finish Gears 2 (on the last level) and I complete a playthrough of Gears 3.

Long story short, I've never been more excited to play games I've already owned for over a year than o am right now.

Just picked up Gears 4 recently after catching it on sale for $19.99

Amazing game so far. The fight scenes are the best action I have experienced in a very long time and I am loving the story so far. Just finished the part where the village got attacked and now we are headed to get help from Marcus Phoenix.  Playing the game on PC and the visuals are gorgeous. I will replay it again when I get my X to experience the HDR which Digital Foundry speaks very highly of. 

Last edited by Vasto - on 08 January 2018