By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Another day, another RROD!

Squilliam said:
Skeeuk said:
PS360ForTheWin said:
Yes its happend again, for the second time in less than a year, i have had a 360 die on me, although i intend to get it replaced tommorow, (i have a recipt and its under gurantee). I am getting mighty fed up with this, anyone else about to be or already on their 3rd 360?

im sorry to hear that, i wanted to post something regarding this in the last few days, but i didnt wanna sound like trolling

whats happening on mine is if i play lost oddesy for lets say an hour, and i have my controller plug and charge plugged in then turn console off it gives "3 lights" but if i turn off normally when plug and charge thingy isnt plugged in it shuts down ok!

does anyone know what this is? its annoying me now

btw, this is my 4rth console ive had since launch, but this 1 is the 1st time ive seen these lights, my other returns were controller problems (wired) bad luck is i dont have any warranty left

as i stated above the console works fine, unless i turn console off whilst i have the plug and charge plugged in and get 3 red lights.

RROD lights are a general hardware fault. For example, I plugged my 360 in last night and I got red rings probably because it sparked. It was funny, just turned it off and turned it back on. RROD happens if the console detects ANY electrical issue. Perhaps you have an issue with the controllers? 

no checked the controllers,checked the connections, checked the power pack, all are fine, my 360 just died.

p.s. its not a falcon, no hdmi.

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
Rocket -

There's a much better way of knowing if it's a Falcon, aside from HDMI.

The biggest, best question is the Wattage Output of the Power Supply: If it's 205w, it's the old model. If it's the 172-ish watt system, it's a Falcon.

Ah, forgot about the power supply. I know a few of the HDMI Premiums were not Falcons (but the vast majority are).

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Then go get a new Falcon and call it a day. There are very few reports of Falcons failing. Plus, you'll get an HDMI unit in exchange.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
Then go get a new Falcon and call it a day. There are very few reports of Falcons failing. Plus, you'll get an HDMI unit in exchange.

sounds like a good idea, thanks for the advice.