Forums - Gaming Discussion - CGI's HYPE Series: Graphics Showdown 2018

The Best Looking Game Of 2018

01. God Of War 15 45.45%

02. Spider-Man 3 9.09%

03. Detroit: Become Human 6 18.18%

04. Red Dead Redemption 2 6 18.18%

05. Battlefield V 3 9.09%

Total:33

I like RDR2 best overall. A lot of those other games seem to have more uncanny valley problems with their characters, but I don't get that so much from RDR2. Spiderman looks nice in the opposite way. Characters are not impressive, but seeing all of the details of a New York skyline looks very cool.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Yeah, without a doubt, God of War is winning this one right now! I don't expect it to beat Metro (PC) or, perhaps, Battlefield 2018 on PC, but for consoles, it is currently the one to beat!

It probably has something to do with artstyle, but I think GoW looks much better than something like Metro.

Everything seems beautiful, every corner of the game looks interesting,  and that's very important for me.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

CGI-Quality said:
Yeah, without a doubt, God of War is winning this one right now! I don't expect it to beat Metro (PC) or, perhaps, Battlefield 2018 on PC, but for consoles, it is currently the one to beat!

Well via discussion, it's not one to beat something on PC, but going by how we do this whole vote for a winner each year, I can see it beating out everything on this list.

Sony's won the last 3 votes on this topic in a row. I see it winning this year and next year with how many will be voting for their games. I'd love to see Metro or FFXV winning this years vote, but it has no chance via vote numbers. In fact, I don't see anything PC wise ever winning via votes on here in the far future either. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Not just on this site, GOW is winning at everything.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
CGI-Quality said:

-pic

Amazeballs. That detail. Almost through the game myself and loving every minute. Need that photo mode yesterday.

Looking forward to more contenders at E3.

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 08 June 2018

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said: 

-pic

I feel like video games still can't quite get skin right; even in the latest AAA blockbusters it still looks more like rubber than organic tissue.

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 08 June 2018

CGI-Quality said:

I'm sorry to do this again, but I still can't get over how good this game looks. Yet, most of you chose Horizon. Silly gooses!

I don't think it's going to matter on how good the game looks. The last 3 were won by Sony exclusives, so I naturally see another Sony exclusive getting the majority of votes by the end of this year. next year will be the same story. The cycle will keep going until there is a slowdown of big blockbuster exclusives, or less bias being used, but I don't really see that happening on here. 

Star Citizen could finish within the next few years and I know it won't take a win.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

CGI-Quality said:

Had to go back and remind myself why Battlefront II (PC) remains The King. Yes, God of War makes its case, and it is certainly the best consoles have ever gotten, but STAR WARS is on another level still

It looks amazing, too bad the game is unplayable. 

CGI-Quality said:
Update: Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition eliminated.

Why did you remove it?.

CGI-Quality said:
Chazore said:

Why did you remove it?.

Throughout the year, we wind down to just five of the absolute best. The remaining games promise to be some of 2018's best, with FFXV falling just short of them.

Seems a bit odd, I mean, people are going to vote for their favourite game on here, so winding it down to 5 still means 1 is going to gain more votes than the other.