02. Spider-Man 3 9.09%

03. Detroit: Become Human 6 18.18%

04. Red Dead Redemption 2 6 18.18%

05. Battlefield V 3 9.09%

Total:33
JRPGfan said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

WHAT?!?!

Ok ... come on ... Battlefront 2 was clearly the best looking game last year ... 

Havnt played Battlefront 2.... cuz dont really care for it.
But what looks better on my PS4 slim? Detroit Become Human or Battlefront 2?
Cuz I know Detroit looks amasing, same with Horizon Zero Dawn.

Not everyone has insane PCs with like 600$ graphics cards in them.

Exaggeration does not help your point. 

You can max out Battlefront 2 at 1080p with a $300-400 card, which is medium range. (and yes, I realize that is the price of a PS4 or Pro and that doesn't help my case, but ...)

Although, I'd still guess Battlefront 2 looks better than Detroit on consoles. Detroit does not have a lot going on in the environment comparatively. 

This really comes down to a popularity contest about what games most deserving. But that's not necessarily bad ... don't want it to be DICE every year. GOW 2018 is very impressive. So is Detroit, maybe a bit less so besides faces. Spider-Man didn't impress me that much, it has beautiful vistas but it looks standard at times. Though ... the modelling and animation of Spider-Man, damn : o !!! 

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

You can max out Battlefront 2 at 1080p with a $300-400 card, which is medium range. (and yes, I realize that is the price of a PS4 or Pro and that doesn't help my case, but ...)

Although, I'd still guess Battlefront 2 looks better than Detroit on consoles. Detroit does not have a lot going on in the environment comparatively. 

This really comes down to a popularity contest about what games most deserving. But that's not necessarily bad ... don't want it to be DICE every year. GOW 2018 is very impressive. So is Detroit, maybe a bit less so besides faces. Spider-Man didn't impress me that much, it has beautiful vistas but it looks standard at times. Though ... the modelling and animation of Spider-Man, damn : o !!! 

I played through battlefront 2 campaign two times on my ps4 pro. From what I remember the game has bad light effects, bad graphics effects, a lot of pop ins and horrible image quality but atleast 60 fps is a bonus. It's still somewhat close to horizon zero dawn and far away from god of war.

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

Trumpstyle said:

I played through battlefront 2 campaign two times on my ps4 pro. From what I remember the game has bad light effects, bad graphics effects, a lot of pop ins and horrible image quality but atleast 60 fps is a bonus. It's still somewhat close to horizon zero dawn and far away from god of war.

That's odd. I played it on my Pro and it looked great. I only played a little though ... didn't want the game, came with my Pro. 

Yeah, I think GOW 2018 probably wins on PS4 overall, just because it's so specifically built for that platform. One of the benefits of exclusives for sure. 

CGI-Quality said:
Trumpstyle said:

The Pro version is quite a bit behind the PC version. 

Ahhh I knew I was correct. Crysis 3 is a better looking game than battlefront 2, Gamereactor a very popular site in sweden ranked the top 10 world greatest graphic games, the article was  written in 30 dec 2017.

Battlefront 2 ranked ninth and Crysis 3 sixth, this was they said about Battlefront 2:

"and even though parts of the cramped mediocre singleplayer portion do not really impress (purely graphically)"

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamereactor.se%2Fartiklar%2F554193%2FVarldens%2Bjust%2Bnu%2B10%2Bsnyggaste%2Bspel%2F

If anyone wanna read the article you might a get small pop-in warning about ad-block just click on X and the words "coolest", "leaking" and "fun" should be translated into good-looking in some variation.

The list includes 4k ultra settings, Pc-Mods and consoles games.

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

Trumpstyle said:

That's odd. I played it on my Pro and it looked great. I only played a little though ... didn't want the game, came with my Pro. 

Yeah, I think GOW 2018 probably wins on PS4 overall, just because it's so specifically built for that platform. One of the benefits of exclusives for sure. 

We all got different opinions, but playing through the game I notice the bad sides of Battlefront 2.

In the mission where you play as Han Solo and get outside into the environment I noticed tons of pop-ins that's why I wrote the game got a lot of pop-ins, the overall image quality just looks to soft in outside environments on Ps4 pro. Digitalfoundry said the game is running at 1440p with heavy AA which makes it look soft at times, NXgamer and VGtech says it's running 1440p with checkerboard rendering but I don't know if this is true. But as I said the image quality just looks to soft for me that's why I wrote "horrible image quality"

About the bad light effects, it's just apparent when you playing in a inside environment and during the cut-scenes the light effects sometimes even reminded me of last-gen and on bad graphics effect it's when you playing Lando, there's a lot of smoke in that mission and not good-looking at all.

Last edited by Trumpstyle - on 14 October 2018

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

Wait... They only cost $600 now?

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

CGI-Quality said:

In these threads, DICE hasn't won once. ;P

WHAT?!?!

Ok ... come on ... Battlefront 2 was clearly the best looking game last year ... 

Almost every game on a €3.000- pc looks way better than a game on PS4. But since 90% of the people here don't own a monster pc, they can only judge their inferior console version of that game. I would say Assasins Creed Oddesey in 4k and everything on max looks way better than every PS exclusive on the pro. That's why I said earlier both Switch and PC deserve their own class to decide which is best. Otherway this thread is kind a pointless, since the difference betwee hardware is way too big.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Pemalite said:
JRPGfan said:

Wait... They only cost $600 now?

They cost more than 600$? O_o jebus.

Tbh Im happy with what the PS4 can do, I dont own a 4k tv either so meh.

Battlefront 2 was the best looking game last year, hands down. If anyone tells you otherwise, they are biased. You just have to give credit where it's due.

Last edited by Mordred11 - on 14 October 2018

Qwark said:

WHAT?!?!

Almost every game on a €3.000- pc looks way better than a game on PS4. But since 90% of the people here don't own a monster pc, they can only judge their inferior console version of that game. I would say Assasins Creed Oddesey in 4k and everything on max looks way better than every PS exclusive on the pro. That's why I said earlier both Switch and PC deserve their own class to decide which is best. Otherway this thread is kind a pointless, since the difference betwee hardware is way too big.

Oof...that exaggerated price ... it hurts

I already said I was including the console version in the first few replies guys ...