By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - UFC 219 - The New Queen: Cris Cyborg

She is brazilian, just beat Holly Holm and now is the new queen of UFC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqoY1Xws5Y8

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network

She is a 145 pound fighter and she was brought the distance by a 135 fighter. She's very good but definitely not the best pound for pound woman's fighter.

Still I like both fighters and enjoyed the fight. Khabib looks good too.

Holly got robbed!!

Kerotan said:
She is a 145 pound fighter and she was brought the distance by a 135 fighter. She's very good but definitely not the best pound for pound woman's fighter.

Yeah Conor isn't coming back. 

Watched abit of it, seemed boreing and pretty even... and it ended without a finish (knockout or tap).
Meh.

Around the Network

I'm going to try to be as diplomatic as possible here: I have trouble enjoying her fights. In fact, last night was only the second time I've ever watched a full fight with her, and I'm a huge mma fan. The reason is pretty straightforward: The specter of steroids/ped use that has surrounded her since she arrived on the mma scene. I mean, it goes back a while, and she's absolutely been one of the most perpetually suspected users in mma history, not only by fans, but also by her peers, the media, and even her own employers. She does not pass the eyeball test, and shows all the signs of somebody who has cheated. Hell, she doesn't even pass the EAR test, because her voice also exhibits signs of PED use. Then, beyond the reasonable suspicions, there's the fact she popped for stanozolol in 2012, and most recently spironolactone, which is not only a steroid masking agent, but the preferred steroid masking agent used by women specifically. Right before the second positive test, she turned down 3 separate fights, which at the time made no sense to the UFC matchmaker(s) or Dana White. In retrospect however, it seemed clear she was aware she would test positive, and knowingly limited her potential USADA interaction, which in the end proved futile as she is in the testing pool anyway. Another thing that bothers me the most about steroid use in mma ( and it's WAY more common among the men, as most mma fans know ) is that there can be permanent gains from some of these drugs. Gains that effectively stay with a person throughout their life, even if they quit. Sorry to be a dick. She's a warrior. Has excellent technique. But I have trouble getting past the dark side of her career. She seems nice enough though, and she does great charity work, which is laudable.

Last edited by COKTOE - on 31 December 2017

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Kerotan said:

Khabib has been my favorite fighter since his debut. He looked unreal last night. Props to Barboza for hanging in there for as long as he did. Very impressive heart. 155 is such a shark tank, but I wonder if anybody would be the favorite in a fight against Nurmagomedov right now.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

shikamaru317 said:
Her actual last name isn't Cyborg I assume?

Don't get to watch much UFC these days sadly. Most of my favorite fighters are either retired or washed up at this point.

It's a nickname that she adopted when she was married to former MMA fighter Evangelista "Cyborg" Santos. Her real name is Cristiane Justino Vanacio. They divorced in 2011, and she went back to her maiden name, but kept the nickname.

COKTOE said:

I'm going to try to be as diplomatic as possible here: I have trouble enjoying her fights. In fact, last night was only the second time I've ever watched a full fight with her, and I'm a huge mma fan. The reason is pretty straightforward: The specter of steroids/ped use the has surrounded her since she arrived on the mma scene. I mean, it goes back a while, and she's absolutely been one of the most perpetually suspected users in mma history, not only by fans, but also by her peers, the media, and even her own employers. She does not pass the eyeball test, and shows all the signs of somebody who has cheated. Hell, she doesn't even pass the EAR test, because her voice also exhibits signs of PED use. Then, beyond the reasonable suspicions, there's the fact she popped for stanozolol in 2012, and most recently spironolactone, which is not only a steroid masking agent, but the preferred steroid masking agent used by women specifically. Right before the second positive test, she turned down 3 separate fights, which at the time made no sense to the UFC matchmaker(s) or Dana White. In retrospect however, it seemed clear she was aware she would test positive, and knowingly limited her potential USADA interaction, which in the end proved futile as she is in the testing pool anyway. Another thing that bothers me the most about steroid use in mma ( and it's WAY more common among the men, as most mma fans know ) is that there can be permanent gains from some of these drugs. Gains that effectively stay with a person throughout their life, even if they quit. Sorry to be a dick. She's a warrior. Has excellent technique. But I have trouble getting past the dark side of her career. She seems nice enough though, and she does great charity work, which is laudable.

So much this..... I cant get past the fact that she was roided up to all hell, and even if shes now forced to just "maintain" her form, the fact that she cheated to end up like that is just unfair to those she competes against.

Althhhhough, this is her first fight in about a decade where she didn't finish up her opponent.

I think this is an indication that her time is about up. It reminds me of when Fedor began to slow down when he hit his 30s until he finally lost in Sambo, and then in MMA two years later.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.