By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict 2018 sales for Xb1, PS4, SW and 3DS

Tagged games:

PS4 - 17 million
Switch - 12 million
Xbox - 9 million

Around the Network

PS4 20-24 million

Nintendo Switch 12-16 million (only because I think they are slightly more likely to hold onto a high retail price and their paid online service will be introduced which will put off many potential Switch customers. I would increase the number if a reasonable price cut is incoming)

Xbox One 10-14 million ( I feel Microsoft will likely price cut to maintain market share and the 'X' will get a huge price cut. )

Ps4 20m

Switch 18m

Xbox One -8m

quickrick said:
jason1637 said:

14 million isn't bad. And yes Switch didn't have 2 months but I don't think thats a big deal. I'm willing to bet that from January- March 2018 Switch will sell less than it did March 2017.

I agree. people forget switch had a huge launch.it will be down europe and US for sure. 

And your forget Switch had huge stock shortages for the first 6 months in the US and Japan 

PortisheadBiscuit said:
quickrick said:

I agree. people forget switch had a huge launch.it will be down europe and US for sure. 

And your forget Switch had huge stock shortages for the first 6 months in the US and Japan 

i agree in japan, but in the US shortages were minor.

Around the Network
quickrick said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

There wasn't regular stock in the U.S. until at least September, what are you talking about? 

PortisheadBiscuit said:
quickrick said:

There wasn't regular stock in the U.S. until at least September, what are you talking about? 

yea but sales didn't explode when stock was available. prices on ebay were like 40-50$ over msrp. stock wasn't meeting demand by very little.

Barkley said:

3DS - 0.01m

That's the prediction for the all non-2DS models, first week of the year, in Japan?

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

I'd wait for the direct in the next week before making Switch predictions...

Or whenever we get a Pokemon release date, I think they like to make their own announcements, right? That alone could be a difference of 2-5 million units sold...

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

quickrick said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

yea but sales didn't explode when stock was available. prices on ebay were like 40-50$ over msrp. stock wasn't meeting demand by very little.

Switch won Sept and Oct over PS4 in the U.S. so it clearly made a difference