By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Top Selling 100 Games from Last Year (NA + EU)

http://next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9639&Itemid=2

Next-Generation has compiled the top selling 100 games from the last year across North America and  Europe, including sales figures.

Notes:

• Numbers are based on official records from NPD and information provided to Next-Gen by publishers. Publicly available data and analysis was also taken into account, as well as dead reckoning and sanity checking from the Next-Gen staff when exact counts (such as unified sales data for Europe) were difficult to corroborate, conflicting, or unavailable.
  • Numbers take into account only titles released and sold between March 1, 2007 and March 1, 2008. Each game only had to be released in one western territory to be included.
  • Numbers take into account North America and Western Europe only.
  • Numbers represent retail sales only.
  • Pack-in titles were not counted.
  • Older games re-released in the last year were only included if they included significant changes beyond a lower price. Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition is an example of the former (thanks to its new control scheme). Hitman Trilogy, a collection of three Hitman games with no content changes, would be an example of the latter.

In the case of multiplatform games, the platform the game sold best on is listed first. The Metacritic score is the score the game received for its bestselling platform version. Quotes were taken from reviews that best reflected this score. Thanks to Metacritic and all journalists and publications quoted.

Around the Network

already posted dude.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Link?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said:
Link?

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=23353

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Top10:
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Halo3
Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock
FIFA Soccer 08
Madden NFL 08
Need for Speed: ProStreet
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl
Assassin’s Creed
Super Mario Galaxy
Brain Age 2

I think its awesome that Assassin's Creed made the list. Awesome game. Innovative settings and designs should be rewarded (also the only non-sequel in the Top10)
Of course some crap(Need for speed, EA sports games, pokemon) and non games like Brain Age also made it, grrr.

Around the Network

I don't have time to do an analysis, but based on these numbers, which don't even include eastern Europe, VGChartz is really low on a lot of casual/movie based titles. For example according this Tiger Woods 08 Wii was the best selling version (but there's no break-down) that would indicate it sold a lot better than VGChartz is reporting.

Frankly, I'm amazed how well movie-based games did (esp. that horrid Transformers game) considering they all looked like bombs on VGChartz (mind I never did total them up, but even still...)

Would you like me to lock this thread, for discussion on the one I created, or keep this open?

VGC seems to be vastly too high on the top-end Wii and DS games (BT2, SMG)

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

lock since I had already posted it LOL http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=23353 though we can use yours since it has the comparison to vgcharts though is somewhat messier.  Can Lock mine as well if you want.