By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Valve quietly launches Steam's anti-key-scamming Curator Connect feature

Ruler said:
vivster said:

It's never a good idea to say: "If X didn't do something we wouldn't have Y".

Maybe if Valve hadn't started it we would have something much better today. Which doesn't seem to be that hard to do.

One thing is for sure, before Steam became the omni presence of PC gaming i could buy used PC games who were 1 year on the market for pennies

Before Steam the video gaming market was completely different, making it pointless to compare it.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
Steam is probably the lesser of two evils.
Valve being a privately held company means they aren't at the mercy of shareholders who will attempt to push for the exploitation of consumers at every single possible turn to make an extra buck.

Could you imagine if EA made Steam and controlled the majority of the digital distribution market? Your games would probably be sold inside loot boxes as random drops.

Valve has reached a point though where they are approaching 20,000 games on Steam... They don't have to worry about quantity, but they do need to start worrying about quality... And with EA having left the platform, Microsoft having spotty support (Where is Halo Wars 2 and Gears 4?) well. You get the idea.

I also wish Valve would go back to making games... Where is Portal 3, Left 4 Dead 3, Half Life 3, Team Fortress 3, Dota 3, Alien Swarm 2? They have some of the greatest games of all time but it feels like it's been a forever since their last releases. D: Heck. Make them Steam exclusive. IDC.

Investors are private entities too

Ruler said:

One thing is for sure, before Steam became the omni presence of PC gaming i could buy used PC games who were 1 year on the market for pennies

That's bullshit. The prices of PC games have fallen much slower in the past.

Conina said:
Ruler said:

Not true. Lost Planet colonies 10€, Cod4 17€, Far Cry 2 12€, Devil May Cry 4 6€

some prices in my head

Ruler said:
Conina said:

Not true. Lost Planet colonies 10€, Cod4 17€, Far Cry 2 12€, Devil May Cry 4 6€

some prices in my head

• 6 - 17 Euros are not "pennies"
  • we don't know when you bought them... was it a year after release? 2 years? 3 years?
  • none of these games were released before Steam got popular
  • "prices in my head": your usual lies exaggerations, not the real prices
  • shipping costs included?

Around the Network
Ruler said:

Investors are private entities too

Not much of an issue for Steam though?

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--