By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November 2017 NPD Thread! PS4 > XBO > Switch

OTBWY said:
I had it wrong LOL. I will take it for now, HOWEVER, the PS4 was 200 quid. Whatever argument there is after that is pointless. Sony fans gloat too much when they have been losing NPD's month after month to the Switch. That should say enough.

Oh well, we will see next NPD.

That’s funny when Nintendo fans have been the ones gloating for months in the NPD and Media Create charts.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
zorg1000 said:

Since this is PS4s peak year obviously its not detrimental.

Wii U was never $199.

https://heavyeditorial.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/wii-u-skylanders.jpg?quality=65&strip=all

I stand corrected.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Intrinsic said:

Are you kidding me now?

This was a three way vote. Not a two way vote.

55% PS4

28% NSW

15% XB1.

And somehow the NS was the minority? Only if you decide to pool PS4 and XB1 votes  together against the NS, but by that twisted reasoning.... you might as well pool the vots of the PS4=NS of those that thought it would win. Which would give you 80%+....... oh look... still higher than you own pool.

Stop the BS... its a 3 way vote. A contender getting more than half the votes of the winner doesn't make it a minority.

Why wouldnt we pool PS4 & XBO in this scenario?

I was replying to you saying some thought Switch would dominate so its not NSW vs PS4 vs XBO, its NSW vs PS4/XBO in this particular case.

Also just because someone thought it would win does not mean they thought it would dominate. If only 25-30% of people thought it would win than you are probably looking at less than 10% saying it would dominate.

So yes your original statement that some thought it would dominate is likely true, it seems weird to single out what a small minority thought.

I  don't get what or why you feel the need to be doing or saying what you are right now.

I said some people though/expected the switch to dominate. Thats a fact. Which alludes to the switch simply winning NPD . Cause in this case thats what dominating means. You win instead of the other two winning.

28% voted that the NS will win november. Thats also a fact.

28% was not the minority of 3 voting pools. Thats also a fact. That award of minority goes to those saying the XB1 will win.

So i really don't get what the issue is here... have i said something wrong or factually inaccurate? or is it that you just don't like how it sounds?

zorg1000 said:
ThisGuyFooks said:

I dont remember. And being 299$ is not the Only reason that is doing well, but it certainly helps.

If the Switch would have launched at 399$, we wouldn't be here discussing NPD's.

That was the consensus on these boards.

And if Switch was $199 this holiday it would have dominated, we can go back and forth all day on hypothetical situations, it doesnt change reality.

Yeah, that is not true. The consensus was that it would do well. Don’t worry - the Switch will get its time to drop to $199. It started low so it will get there faster.

zorg1000 said:
ThisGuyFooks said:

I dont remember. And being 299$ is not the Only reason that is doing well, but it certainly helps.

If the Switch would have launched at 399$, we wouldn't be here discussing NPD's.

And if Switch was $199 this holiday it would have dominated, we can go back and forth all day on hypothetical situations, it doesnt change reality.

It doesn't, the PS4 is ahead of the Switch launches aligned.

At 399$

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
OTBWY said:
I had it wrong LOL. I will take it for now, HOWEVER, the PS4 was 200 quid. Whatever argument there is after that is pointless. Sony fans gloat too much when they have been losing NPD's month after month to the Switch. That should say enough.

That’s funny when Nintendo fans have been the ones gloating for months in the NPD and Media Create charts.

Yes. I have engaged in it as well. Why? Because they did win those head to head With no discount.

And I will continue praising Nintendo when they win another.

Intrinsic said:
zorg1000 said:

Why wouldnt we pool PS4 & XBO in this scenario?

I was replying to you saying some thought Switch would dominate so its not NSW vs PS4 vs XBO, its NSW vs PS4/XBO in this particular case.

Also just because someone thought it would win does not mean they thought it would dominate. If only 25-30% of people thought it would win than you are probably looking at less than 10% saying it would dominate.

So yes your original statement that some thought it would dominate is likely true, it seems weird to single out what a small minority thought.

I  don't get what or why you feel the need to be doing or saying what you are right now.

I said some people though/expected the switch to dominate. Thats a fact. Which alludes to the switch simply winning NPD . Cause in this case thats what dominating means. You win instead of the other two winning.

28% voted that the NS will win november. Thats also a fact.

28% was not the minority of 3 voting pools. Thats also a fact. That award of minority goes to those saying the XB1 will win.

So i really don't get what the issue is here... have i said something wrong or factually inaccurate? or is it that you just don't like how it sounds?

All i originally said was that a minority of people claimed Switch would dominate because i find it weird to single out what a small % of people thought, somehow we escalated into a weird argument when we actually kinda agree with each other.

Maybe its my fault it got this far, so ill just drop it.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

chakkra said:

I voted X1>PS4>NS on the poll. I guess I underestimated the power of that $199 deal.

But I'm not surprised one bit about the NS being way behind.  I mean, the thing didn't have any deals for God's sake.  I'm still scratching my head trying to understand why would anyone go out of their home to buy an item on black friday when they could get said item just any other day for the same price.

But your prediction makes sense when you consider the Xbox One S was even cheaper.  It was actually $199 way longer than the PS4 was.  It seems that the perceived value of the $199 was higher than the Xbox One at $189.  But to be honest, he Xbox was only 500 GBs where as the PS4 was double the space for $10 more. I suppose in retrospect the better deal won the day.

Lawlight said:
OTBWY said:

You wouldn't believe that the fans that have been gloating the most, are the ones that are coming from one of the, if not The Biggest Flop in Consoles History.

Lawlight said:
zorg1000 said:

Yeah, that is not true. The consensus was that it would do well. Don’t worry - the Switch will get its time to drop to $199. It started low so it will get there faster.

When do you predict it will go there? Permanent price drop and/or temp?

I noticed one thing about you and its you never give predictions (at least thought up ones) but you give shit to others.