By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - THQ Nordic and Black Forest Games announce survival game Fade to Silence for PC

Your images in these topics are broken, dude.

Around the Network

final release next year will come "to all next gen consoles" according to the dev..

by now it should really be "current gen"

Sounds more or less interesting, although the genre is getting pretty saturated, I'd say. I might have to watch the trailer on better time if I remember.

SegataSanshiro said:
Your images in these topics are broken, dude.

You probably have an adblocker or something similar that blocks them for some reason. They're broken for me as well, though, but it's easy enough to view them by right-clicking them.

Last edited by Zkuq - on 08 December 2017

Game description:

"As the player you take the role of Ash, a natural but tormented leader. In that role you explore a post-apocalyptic, frozen wasteland to gather the resources necessary to establish a refuge for survival. With dwindling resources, simple tasks like upgrading equipment and collecting materials quickly require an expedition to scavenge the necessary items. In the search for survival materials, players must navigate a vast territory, in which they will encounter Eldritch monsters and an even greater foe: the unrelenting winter. While freezing temperatures constantly take their toll on the player Ash, the deadliest event is that of a blizzard. If caught by surprise, it takes every ounce of skill, determination and luck to survive.

In order to survive and overcome all challenges, the player needs to attract followers, bringing them into thei refuge. Each individual skillset and character traits grants access to higher tier resources and gear. Without such advances, the player character can scavenge only the barest necessities, crafting makeshift tools and weapons."

Sounds a bit generic to me :-/

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

BasilZero said:
JEMC said:

Game description:

*snip*

Sounds a bit generic to me :-/

Sounds like 95% of all the western games!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol jk.

Well, besides the Winter part, it doesn't sound more different than plenty other games.

That said, if it turns out that weather, and cold, play an important role (something like a warm meter that goes down in the outside and goes down even faster in a blizzard), forcing you to search for shelter and materials to make fire, then they could be into something.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JEMC said:
BasilZero said:

Sounds like 95% of all the western games!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol jk.

Well, besides the Winter part, it doesn't sound more different than plenty other games.

That said, if it turns out that weather, and cold, play an important role (something like a warm meter that goes down in the outside and goes down even faster in a blizzard), forcing you to search for shelter and materials to make fire, then they could be into something.

Are you familiar with The Long Dark?

Zkuq said:
JEMC said:

Are you familiar with The Long Dark?

Yes, but the scope of the game can make it very different.