By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why people need to keep talking about Lootboxes if they want to have change

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTURChcYM9A

Around the Network

Only way to limit loot boxes is by having them considered to be gambling and let any state/country set whatever rules/limits on them if they use 'em.

Talk with your wallet not your lips.

If we all stop buying them then they won't exist.

or the only real controllable option is as Aeolus451 said above.

I don't think I even own a game that has lootboxes in it but that is more related to my taste in games than my phenomenal self-restraint.

In ftp games I tend to stop playing the second I spend any money in them. I stopped playing Hearthstone after I bought the Curse of Naxxramas adventure and I spent like 1 euro on that darned bunny on the 3DS for a theme and felt SO dirty that I haven't touched it since. XD
My brain doesn't play well with pay-to-win, microtransactions and lootboxes.

Cobretti2 said:

Unfortunately thats not how it works most of the times, we wouldnt have all these DLC practices which people complained about before. Most publishers do now Microtransactions. The government has to step in.

Around the Network
Ruler said:
Cobretti2 said:

Unfortunately thats not how it works most of the times, we wouldnt have all these DLC practices which people complained about before. Most publishers do now Microtransactions. The government has to step in.

You'll like this.