By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bridge Constructor Portal announced for PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC, and smartphones

Where's Portal 3 Gaben :(

Headup Games has announced Bridge Constructor Portal, a Portal-themed version of the ClockStone-developed bridge construction games. It will launch for PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android on December 20, 2017, folowed by PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch in early 2018.

Here’s an overview of the game, via Headup Games:

“Hello and welcome back to the Aperture Science computer-aided enrichment center.”

We welcome all lucky applicants to Bridge Constructor Portal with our new vehicle-based test chambers, Quantum Tunnels and patented Aperture technology!

For the last year we’ve been secretly working in our underground labs on the next iteration of the million-selling Bridge Constructor series. This new stand-alone title will release on PC, MacOS, Linux, mobile devices, and console, and fully embraces the Portal license, one of the most beloved video game franchises of the last decade.

Bridge Constructor Portal will blend the laws of structural engineering and technology straight from Aperture Laboratories into an exciting new game experience, all under the demanding gaze of GLaDOS.

“If you’ve been paying attention the solution should be obvious. As the case may be… good luck!”

Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5O-hLjRiBoY&feature=youtu.be

Source

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

Of course there are the 'fuck Valve' comments despite the fact that this isn't even being developed by Valve.... 

On topic though this looks pretty cool, never played one of bridge-building type games before aside from like World of Goo which I didn't really like. 

Plus, there could still be a Portal 3 in the future. Valve did say they were working on 3 full VR games, some of which are single player experiences and that one of them is set in the Half-Life/Portal universe so it could end up being one of them. (Though, don't be surprised if it doesn't happen either though, lol). 

Last edited by FloatingWaffles - on 06 December 2017

It's not Portal 3... but it's still better than nothing, at least it's not another card game =P

Boy, the comments on the video are so angry right now. At least we have a Portal game on the Switch, I guess?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Well, it's something, I guess? I still hate Valve for swimming in gold and don't bother into releasing decent games and forgot they're a fucking gaming company.

Around the Network

It is something, but I get people wanting Portal 3.

Darwinianevolution said:
Boy, the comments on the video are so angry right now. At least we have a Portal game on the Switch, I guess?

Well, it's not an official Portal game, not being made by Valve either, it's from a series known as Bridge Constructor or something like that apparently, the devs just probably asked Valve if they could use Portal as a theme/setting for it and Valve said ok, otherwise it wouldn't be here lol.

Last edited by FloatingWaffles - on 06 December 2017

Impressed that they can use offical stuff from the Portal series.

OMG yes! I never realized I needed this until now...

I've just realized how much I miss GLaDOS.

Signature goes here!